Not satisfied to stay home on the arcade screen, it looks like PAC-MAN, Pinky, Blinky, Inky, and Clyde have taken to the streets and invaded Google Maps! Dubbed PAC-Maps by Google, select areas have been converted into classic fruit-filled streets and you can control PAC-MAN as he navigates the streets, avoids the ghosts, chomps on power pellets, and goes after fruit that pops up along the way.
Unfortunately not all of Google Maps has been converted, and you’ll have to find the locations which have. Google has offered up some hints for which locations you can waste away your work day while navigating the streets as PAC-MAN.
- Don’t drop the ball on the eve of your victory!
- Triumph is délicieux.
- Does a Galaxian bonus await at the top of those 272 steps?
- Chomp your way to independence down seven lanes of July.
- PAC-MAN and Ms. PAC-MAN can’t agree on which side is prettier: the American or the Canadian. Which side do you fall on, eh?
- After a chat with the Sphinx, PAC-MAN sounds more like “Dokki Dokki”.
- Pause game play to admire Chagall’s stained glass windows and have a bit of chocolate.
- Can you score 10^(10^100) points?
- Whether they’re flashing blue or sporting their natural colors, Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde are always kakkoii. Even Vogue agrees they’re living in the trendiest of neighborhoods.
- Previous PAC-MAN lives don’t get to rest in a white marble mausoleum.
- Head to the valley of the sun and earn your grade in the art of the game.
- How well can you navigate the radiating streets of the distrito federal?
- Victory is like gothic glockenspiel musik to our ears.
- Pay special attention to Blinky – he might blend in with the dreaming red kangaroos!
- You’ll find the Beach PAC-MAN World Cup here before long.
To play on your computer, open Google Maps and search for the PAC-MAN pin. Once you find the area, you control the yellow chomper with your arrow keys. You can also play on your mobile device by opening the Google Maps app and controlling PAC-MAN by swiping your finger to change his direction.
According to Google, the fun isn’t ending with PAC-MAN and we can expect to see zombie incident alerts and intergalactic Street View coming soon!
Let us know if you find a location or what your high score is in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook – we’ll get you started with one location, now get back to work and find the rest!