The wearables geek population has been clamoring for this announcement for months and it’s finally here, the Huawei watch unveiled at IFA 2015 is looking good and a bit pricey! Starting today, consumers can pre-order the Huawei Watch on GetHuawei.com, Google Store, Amazon.com and BestBuy.com. General availability and pre-order shipments begin September 17th. Six models with stainless steel, black and rose gold-plated watch bodies will be available in the U.S. with prices ranging from $349 to $799 USD. Stainless steel and black models are available for pre-order today, with rose gold models available later this year.
“Designed first and foremost as a watch, the Huawei Watch is unlike any smartwatch available today,” said Zhiqiang Xu, President of Huawei Device USA. “We are committed to meeting U.S. consumers’ demands for premium products and the Huawei Watch is a step in that direction. It embodies Huawei’s technology innovation heritage, pursuit of premium design and integration of useful functionality that we strive to develop in each product.”
Running the latest version of Android Wear, the Huawei Watch offers the rich functionality consumers expect in a smartwatch. Features of the Huawei Watch include:
- 300 mAh battery offers up to two days of battery life with regular use, and fast charging offers 80 percent battery life in just 45 minutes, or 75 minutes for a full charge.
- Always-on watch face gives immediate access to the most important information a watch can provide – the time.
- Wi-Fi connectivity for instant notifications when the user’s phone isn’t in Bluetooth range.
- Bluetooth 4.1 LE enables users to pair directly to Bluetooth headsets and speakers to enjoy music on the go with or without a smartphone.
- 6-axis motion sensors automatically identify activity and provide accurate tracking.
- Enhanced heart rate monitor provided by one of the world’s most advanced heart-rate detecting sensor manufacturers delivers measurable health tracking.
- 1.4-inch AMOLED screen offers the highest resolution display of any Android Wear watch at 400 by 400 pixels with 286 pixels per inch.
Source: Huawei press release