Now that the Holiday season is officially right around the corner, and winter breaks and holiday vacations coming up for some, there should be an increase in time spent on the couch catching up on all of the movies and TV shows you haven’t had time to watch. If Netflix is your choice of entertainment, then we here at MOARGeek have got you covered by keeping you up to date on what’s coming and going in its ever-changing collection of content. So without further ado, here is what’s new on Netflix US. If you’re in Canada, you can also check out what’s new on Netflix for Canada this month.
December is sure to bring tons of laughs with its original content.
First and foremost for those looking to start feeling festive is Saturday Night Live alum, all-around comedy legend Bill Murray brings his famous friends together to help everyone get into the spirit with A Very Murray Christmas. The former Ghostbuster rounds up an all-star cast for an evening of music, comedy, and good cheer in this homage to classic holiday variety shows hitting Netflix on December 4th.
Also coming to Netflix on December 11th is the first of four Adam Sandler projects, titled The Ridiculous 6, which is jam packed with notable names. It follows Sandler’s character Tommy “White Knife” Stockburn after his long-lost outlaw father returns, and he goes on an adventure-filled journey across the Old West with his five brothers.
There are a trio of stand-up specials to keep the yuks flowing this month. Brent Morin’s I’m Brent Morin comes out on December 1st, The Trailer Park Boys: Drunk, High And Unemployed Live In Austin will be released December 9th and Mike Epps: Don’t Take It Personal hits the streams December 18th.
Bill Burr’s animated throwback comedy series F Is For Family debuts on December 18th. Follow the Murphy family back to the 1970s, a time when you could smack your kid, smoke inside and bring a gun to the airport.
December isn’t all laughs however, as it also sees the debut of Netflix’s 10-part documentary Making A Murderer. Filmed over 10 years, this real-life thriller follows a DNA exoneree who, while exposing police corruption, becomes a suspect in a grisly new crime.
Netflix Original Series For Kids
The second season of Dreamworks The Adventures of Puss in Boots is available for viewing on December 11. The world’s greatest feline fighter, lover and milk connoisseur takes on daring adventures in exotic locations in this family-friendly comedy series.
In the second Dreamworks offering this month is The Dawn Of The Croods is available December 24th, which is a spin-off of 2013’s The Croods. The world’s first family is back, funnier than ever and taking the prehistoric Croodaceous era by storm in this all-new family sitcom!
Available on December 18th, the English adaptation to the magical girl Smile PreCure! is rebranded by Saban, titled Glitter Force. Five preteen girls learn they’re a legendary superhero squad known as the Glitter Force. Their mission? To defend Earth from evil fairytale villains.
Exclusively On Netflix
Arriving exclusively to Netflix on December 1st is an exaggerated, yet realistic depiction of the life of a well-known actor in Real Rob. Go inside the world of comedian and actor Rob Schneider in this comedy series that follows the ups and downs of his career and family life.
Another exclusive arriving on December 1st is Tyke: Elephant Outlaw. This is the gripping and emotionally charged story of Tyke, a circus elephant who went on a rampage in Honolulu in 1994, killed her trainer in front of thousands of spectators and died in a hail of gunfire.
New TV Series/Seasons
December sees the following TV series and seasons being added to the Netflix US roster:
- 50 Shades of THEY (Season 1)
- Broadchurch (Season 2)
- Detectorists (Season 1)
- Las mágicas historias de Plim Plim (Season 1)
- Sensitive Skin (Season 1)
- Starting Over (Season 1)
- Winning Life’s Battles (Season 1)
- Comedy Bang! Bang! (Season 4 – more episodes)
- Inside Man (Season 3)
- Phineas and Ferb (Season 4)
- The Adventures of Puss in Boots (Season 2)
- Hart of Dixie (Season 4)
- High Profits (Season 1)
- Helix (Season 2)
- F is for Family (Season 1)
- Glitter Force (Season 1)
- Making A Murderer (Season 1)
- El Señor de los Cielos (Season 3)
- Dawn of the Croods (Season 1)
- Black Mirror (“White Christmas” Episode)
- Maron (Season 3)
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Season 5)
- Parenthood (Season 6)
- Battle Creek (Season 1)
- Violetta (Season 3)
- Nurse Jackie (Seasons 1-7)
The following movies are coming to Netflix US this month:
- 30 for 30: Chasing Tyson
- A Christmas Star
- A Genius Leaves the Hood: The Unauthorized Story of Jay Z
- Christmas Wedding Baby
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury
- Cradle 2 the Grave
- I’m Brent Morin
- Jenny’s Wedding
- See You In Valhalla
- Stir of Echoes
- Stir of Echoes: The Homecoming
- That Touch of Mink
- Tyke: Elephant Outlaw
- Stations of the Cross
- Matt Shepard Is a Friend of Mine
- A Very Murray Christmas
- A Case of You
- Dinosaur 13
- Vampire Academy
- One & Two
- Trailer Park Boys: Drunk, High And Unemployed Live In Austin
- The Ridiculous 6
- The Da Vinci Code
- Time Out of Mind
- Fresh Dressed
- Mike Epps: Don’t Take It Personal
- chloe and theo
- Leo the Lion
- Magic Snowflake
- Santa’s Apprentice
- Queen of Earth
- Invisible Sister
- Manhattan Romance
Last Chance to Watch on Netflix US
The following shows are leaving Netflix US, check out some of the suggested alternatives!
- All About Eve — Suggested: Laura, There’s No Business Like Show Business
- Batman Begins — Suggested: Batman, Gotham
- Forces Of Nature — Suggested: Serendipity, Jersey Girl
- Jim Henson’s Labyrinth — Suggested: The Last Unicorn, The Secret Kells
- My Best Friend’s Wedding — Suggested: Mona Lisa Smile, 13 Going On 30
- Silence Of The Lambs — Suggested: The Professional, Killing Them Softly
- Soap Dish — Suggested: 9 to 5, August: Osage County
- The Brothers Grimm — Suggested: National Treasure, Once Upon A Time
- Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal — Suggested: Jumanji, The Box Trolls
- Rescue Me — Suggested: Narcos, Sons Of Anarchy
- Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married — Suggested: The Wood, Being Mary Jane
- Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason — Suggested: Bridget Jones’ Diary, Leap Year
So that’s what’s new and what’s leaving Netflix U.S. in December. Do these titles get you into the holiday spirit? Don’t forget to check out what’s new and leaving Netflix Canada as well. Let us know what you’re looking forward to watching this month in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.