Let’s face it, if you’re a parent with a smartphone inevitably you hand over that device to the little one for whatever reason. Or maybe grandma and grandpa just purchased a device for your little one to use instead of yours. For whatever reasons there are, kids are using smartphones and tablets more often than ever. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing but it does present some challenges for parents when it comes to content and making sure the kids aren’t nuking important stuff. This is where jmz Kid Mode comes in, a launcher that helps manage what apps your kids have permission to use, or not. The app is pretty straight forward and the developer’s core features are short, sweet and to the point.
- Pin code lock to exit kid mode.
- You choose which apps to add to kid mode.
- No ads, ever.
- Only 4 permissions are needed.
- We do not and will not collect any type of metrics. We will never phone home with anything.
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE — Needed to verify internet access
- android.permission.INTERNET — Needed to check valid license from Google Play
- android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW — This allows us to lock the statusbar to prevent users from going into Settings
- com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE — Needed to validate license from Google Play
*The developer also notes that Internet permissions will be removed in the next update.
With a price tag of $1.99, low permission access, no tracking or spying and zero ads, jmz Kid Mode is a great solution for busy parents who don’t want to police what their kids are accessing on their devices. You can pick up jmz Kid Mode on the Google Play Store at the link below and don’t forget, Google does offer refunds within 2 hours of purchase so there’s no reason not to give it a shot.
If you pick this up let us know your thoughts on jmz Kid Mode in the comments below or on Google+, Facebook and Twitter.Purchase: Google Play