After releasing last summer in the United States and the UK, the YouTube Gaming mobile app is now live in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland. With the app, gamers can use the Mobile Capture feature to record and livestream mobile gameplay on-the-go from their Android devices, as well as watch gaming related videos including let’s plays, reviews, speedruns, trailers, and more.
In addition, a number of updates and additions have been made based on user feedback and include:
- Homepage navigation: Say goodbye to the sidebars! We’ve simplified the homepage to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Game and channel browsing: We’ve added pages for you to manage your games and channels, plus discover new ones.
- Dedicated live destination: You’ll find a new “Live” tab on the homepage that brings together top streams, top games, and streams from channels you’re subscribed to.
- Android live playback: Our Android live stream player joins iOS and the HTML5 desktop player with an upgrade to support quality switching, 60fps playback, and DVR mode.
- Pop-out player: On Android, you can now pop out the YouTube Gaming player to keep it visible above other apps on your device.
If you’re not in one of the six currently supported countries, YouTube Gaming will be coming to “many more” countries soon.
Are you excited that the YouTube Gaming app has finally come to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland? If you’re not in one of the currently supported countries, what country do you hope it comes to next? let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.