It’s always nice to see a Kickstarter project funded and come to fruition, especially when it comes to games. Anima: Gate of Memories is one of those projects, and the launch date is just around the corner on June 3rd. Based on the Anima: Beyond Fantasy Spanish RPG series, Anima: Gate of Memories features a deep compelling story, mixed with third person action game play.
The game has a very deep and multifaceted story where every choice matters and actions directly impact your character’s outcome. As players travel through the tower of Arcane in the beautiful world of Gaia, they’ll join The Bearer and Ergo — agents of an ancient society responsible for protecting humanity for centuries. Their goal? To recover an old artifact known as The Byblos …
Key features of Anima: Gate of Memories include:
- Multiple endings: Your choices and actions will influence the journey and decide the destiny of the characters.
- Epic battles with formidable opponents: Challenge many legendary entities, each with their own special features and gameplay.
- Deep combat system: The combat system combines RPG elements with fast-paced action and spectacular attacks and spells.
- Unique locations: Travel through the tower of Arcane and the world of Gaia across stunning backgrounds and places.
- A huge world: You can move with great freedom — visiting different locations and having the option to always retrace your steps to revisit areas, discover new secrets, and unlock access to previously inaccessible places.
- Customizable skill trees: Enhanced your characters’ abilities by increasing their stats.
Anima: Gate of Memories will be released digitally on June 3, 2016 for Xbox One, Steam (Windows/Linux), and PlayStation 4 (the game will launch June 7th in North America on PlayStation 4). The game will also have a standard and collector’s edition PlayStation 4 box release in select territories, and will retail for $19.99. Check back soon for our full review, and in the meantime check out some of the concept art and screenshots below!