We’re still a ways off before Google normally announces the next Nexus phones, but that hasn’t stopped the rumours regarding an HTC Nexus 5 and an HTC Nexus 5.5 from surfacing. While the Nexus 5X was manufactured by LG and the Nexus 6P by Huawei, according to most rumours HTC will be building the next Nexus smartphones, code named “Sailfish” — a 5″ version — and “Marlin” — a 5.5″ version.
Android Police has received some information from a trusted source with regards to the “Sailfish” model, purported to be an HTC Nexus 5. According to Android Police’s source, the HTC Nexus 5 features the following specifications:
- Manufactured by HTC
- 5″ 1080p display (~440PPI)
- Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor (model unknown)
- 4GB RAM
- 2770mAh battery
- 32GB storage (unknown if multiple models will be available, or even if this is the base storage level)
- 12MP rear camera, 8MP front
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB-C port (bottom)
- Bottom-firing speaker or speakers (unknown if dual)
- Top-mounted headphone jack
- Bluetooth 4.2
As with all rumours, this one should be taken with a grain of salt, although Android Police sounds fairly confident with the information received from their source. Given our recent HTC 10 review, it might not be a bad time for HTC to be chosen by Google for their next Nexus smartphones.
What do you think about the rumoured specifications for the HTC Nexus 5? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.Source: Android Police