Let’s face it, the sound coming out of your iPad Air or iPad Pro might be o.k., but it can be better for sure. OIO, a new startup, has announced the launch of Amp, an ultra-portable iPad speaker case for iPad Air, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro 9.7. Amp features left and right channels for a true stereo sounding theater experience for your iPad.
Amp’s top of the line stereo sound includes two ultra-low profile electromagnetic exciters, multiple audio codecs (A2dP), and two resin fiber honeycomb acoustic panels that are covered with microfiber optical quality fabric. Its portability makes Amp a great traveling companion bringing high quality entertainment anywhere in a sleek protective case.
Features of the Amp include:
- Portability: The lightweight speaker case is compact, highly durable, and versatile. The folding speakers close over the iPad, while the stand folds back behind the case, creating a theater experience that goes anywhere.
- Amazing Materials: High quality aluminum speaker frames and stand extend iPad’s elegance and quality.
- iPad Integration: Re-think the iPad with Amp’s unique ergonomic design. The iPad Air or Pro clicks into place on the specially designed stand, so the user can sit back, relax and enjoy.
- Quality Sound: Remarkable dimension and depth through Amp’s unique Honeycomb speaker design and a built-in amplifier that provides a room-filling surround sound experience.
- Wireless Connectivity: Easily paired once, Amp automatically connects again on startup. No iPad? No problem. Amp connects to any Bluetooth enabled smart device.
- Style: Consumers can choose from three colors, including classic Asphalt, vibrant Limon and soft Periwinkle.
- Battery Life: The 900mAh 7.4v Lithium Ion rechargeable battery provides up to 7+ hours of run time.
“We began working on Amp with the goal to create a unique experience in the crowded field of Bluetooth speakers,” said Gregg Davis, Owner and Founder of OIO. “Our first and foremost focus has always been elevating shared experiences through the devices we love and use every day. And with the iPad, we saw the untapped potential to create a one-of-a-kind personal entertainment hub with Amp.”
You can get Super Early Bird and Early Bird Amp pricing for $99USD and $129USD while there are still some available. Amp is expected to start shipping late in September.
What do you think about Amp for the iPad Air and 9.7″ iPad Pro? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook, and if you wish you can back the campaign in the link below.Back at Indiegogo