If you’ve been following the MacBook Pro 2016 saga, you know that there is a lack of I/O on Apple’s latest Pro laptop. The HyperDrive Thunderbolt 3 USB-C Hub is looking to help you through the trauma of losing your favorite I/O ports. The HyperDrive Thunderbolt 3 USB-C Hub for MacBook Pro is currently on Kickstarter and it’s a pretty slickly designed hub that sits flush against your MacBook Pro providing the following I/O.
- HDMI – [email protected] and up to 4K#30Hz
- Thunderbolt 3 – Up to [email protected], up to 40Gb/s data speed and max 100W power
- USB-C – 5Gb/s data transfer
- SD card slot – UHS-I 104Mb/s
- MicroSD card slot – UHS-I 104Mb/s
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 – 5Gb/s transfer speeds plus high power to devices
- CNC precision milled aluminum enclosure, available in space gray and silver color, with the same appearance as the MacBook Pro
“This is the adapter that Apple should have provided with the 2016 MacBook Pro to ensure backward compatibility with current non USB-C devices,” said Daniel Chin, CEO of Sanho Corporation. “Our vision was to create a dongle that replaces all other dongles, with all the popular ports from the previous MacBook Pro model, in the most portable form factor so that every 2016 MacBook Pro user will want to use it,” he added. “And we want to make it very affordable for everyone to bring usability back to their new 2016 MacBook Pro, which is why we are launching the HyperDrive via Kickstarter,” he concluded.
This hub looks really slick and also looks like it will blend right in with the MacBook design. It’s certainly much nicer than having to carry around a bag full of dongles. Expected retail price of HyperDrive is $99USD, Kickstarter Early Bird Backers can get the HyperDrive for $49 — 50% off the expected retail price. HyperDrive is expected to ship in February 2017 upon successful Kickstarter funding. Hit the link below to check out the Kickstarter.Source: Kickstarter