Tomorrow is game time for the Apple iPhone 6 features, iOS8 and the iWatch (not the official name). What are we expecting Apple to announce?
Apple iPhone 6
- 4.7″ iPhone 6 (possibly called the iPhone Air)
- 5.5″ iPhone 6 (possibly called the iPhone Pro)
- Thinner chassis unibody construction similar to the current iPod touch
- Possible sapphire display (composite not pure sapphire) on both models
- Power button moved to the right side of the device
- Volume rocker redesigned
- Camera lens possibly protruding, though I think the final product will have some sort of gasket around the camera
- NFC capable with mobile payments
- SMS and phone call handoff to Mac, now notifications from your iDevices will show up on your Mac running OS X Yosemite
- Notification reply without leaving apps you are currently in
- You can now leave Group Messages
- Third party keyboard support, you can now use other keyboards other than Apple’s default
- Family share Share apps, movies without having to use the same Apple ID and parents can approve kids purchases via SMS
- Siri launches anywhere when you have Always Listening on, just say “Hey Siri”
- Touch ID now works in third party apps so you can use this as a security measure for apps that support it
- Mobile payments, Apple is working with Walgreens and CVS
Very little is known about the iWatch, we’ve had no leaks whatsoever so most of this is speculation.
- Designed by Marc Newson
- Wireless charging capable
- NFC and mobile payment capable
- Is tightly integrated with Health Kit and fitness tracking
There are no specs to speak of and we don’t even know what final software this is running.
That about sums it up, that’s the meat of what we are expecting tomorrow. The biggest deal here is going to be the iWatch. Nearly nothing is known about it and the market for wearables is fresh and ripe. Apple is going to talk up their watch like no ones business. But don’t expect the iWatch to be sold until later in 2015. Be sure to check in to Techaeris tomorrow for coverage of the event.