Facebook has announced that they’ve added a new feature which allows you to send money to friends using Facebook Messenger. The steps are quite simple, and it will cost users nothing to send or receive money through Messenger.
To send money:
- Start a message with a friend
- Tap the $ icon and enter the amount you want to send
- Tap Pay in the top right and add your debit card to send money
To receive money:
- Open the conversation from your friend
- Tap Add Card in the message and add your debit card to accept money for the first time
The money you send is transferred right away. It may take one to three business days to make the money available to you depending on your bank, just as it does with other deposits.
Facebook is relying on its past experience with secure transactions when it comes to game play and advertising on Facebook to assure users that their transactions will be safe and secure. One you add a card to your account, you are given the option to create a PIN or enable Touch ID (on iOS) for additional security.
The new feature will be rolling out to Android, iOS, and desktop users in the US over the next few months. Let us know if you plan on using the new money sending feature in Facebook Messenger in the comments below, or on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.Source: Facebook