Samsung is on the prowl for iPhone users. Having just introduced two new powerful entries to its smartphone portfolio, the Korean giant is now focusing on selling as many devices as possible. Not known for being shy with advertising expenditures, they have launched a full assault of ads and marketing campaigns. Their newest one may not be very original but is definitely as compelling as it is direct. The goal is to get a new Samsung phone specifically into the hands of iPhone users. And right now, if you find yourself with an iOS device within reach, you can test drive any of the three new Samsung smartphones for 30 days for just $1.
Here is how it works:
1) Using the Safari browser on your iPhone, visit: http://promo.samsungpromotions.com/ultimatetestdrive/
2) Fill out some personal information including the usual DOB, phone, number, address, etc
3) Pick your phone. You can try the Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+ or the Galaxy Note5
4) Pick your carrier. Right now, AT&T, T-Mobile Verizon and Sprint are available.
5) Provide a Credit Card so that Samsung can have their $1.00 and of course agree to pay the entire sum of the phone if you don’t return in within 30 days or destroy it in the excitement of using it.
6) Hopefully (for Samsung) toss your iPhone into the burning hell-fire from whence it came and snuggle up with your new best buddy from Samsung.
Your phone should arrive within a couple of days.
Test drives are of course hardly a new tactic. T-Mobile let’s you try out their network for a week using an iPhone, and Motorola has made their Moto X phones available for 30-day trials as well. But this is the first time that a sign-up process is so specific, and rather ballsy. Samsung is not only taking it straight to Apple fans, but is risking the anger of some Android users that will, without a doubt, claim second-class-citizen-treatment. I have little doubt however, that if this promotion fails to impact as hard as Samsung hopes, or sales slow over time, the offer will be extended to everyone.
Are you an iPhone user that will be taking one for a test drive? Are you an Android user calling your iOS buddies asking them to do you a solid? Let us know in the comments or on the social media of your choice.[button link=”http://promo.samsungpromotions.com/” icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: Samsung[/button]
Last Updated on November 27, 2018.