Currently available on the PC through Steam, Studio Wildcard’s open-world action-adventure dinosaur-era survival game, ARK: Survival Evolved, will launch on the Xbox One game preview next week.
If you haven’t heard of ARK yet, you wake up and find yourself naked, freezing, and starving on a mysterious island. In order to survive, you must hunt, harvest, craft items, grow crops, and build shelters all while taming any of the 100 amazing dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts along the way. Gamers can fly a Pterodactyl, race Raptors through the deep jungle, tromp through a fortified enemy base on a Brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging T-Rex.
“ARK is running beautifully on Xbox One, we’re really proud to deliver the first open-world online survival experience on console, a genre that is typically found only in PC games,” said Jesse Rapczak, co-creative director and co-founder, Studio Wildcard. “Steam’s Early Access has given us a strong method to quickly iterate on player feedback, creating a strong relationship with our fans that constantly makes the game more fun. With Microsoft implementing a similar program, we’re able to form a direct connection between console players and our team, the likes of which has never before been possible.”
ARK: Survival Evolved will launch on the Xbox One through the ID@Xbox self-publishing program with all the game content currently available in the PC build, which is nearly triple the amount of content that was available on the Steam launch back in June 2015. Those who purchase it through the Xbox Game Preview program on the Xbox One will also receive an exclusive bionic “Tek” T-Rex, Safari Hat, and Survivor’s Trophy, free access to Xbox-specific ARK official servers, and a steady delivery of exclusive Xbox One content prior to full game launch expected in June 2016.
Xbox One Exclusives
- All game content currently in the PC build — nearly 3X the amount of gameplay available at its original Steam launch
- Exclusive bionic “Tek” T-Rex, Safari Hat, and Survivor’s Trophy
- Free access to Xbox-specific ARK official servers
- Steady delivery of exclusive Xbox One content prior to full game launch in June 2016
- Tailored for Xbox One gamepad controls
Game features include:
- TAME, TRAIN, RIDE and BREED DINOSAURS: Command the most amazing creatures from throughout Earth’s biological history, launching into Xbox Game Preview with more than 50 creatures and 100+ planned at full launch. Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame and ride the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- CRAFT AND BUILD: Using any means necessary to survive, players will craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters. Plant, harvest, build, level-up, and customize everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons both primitive and modern.
- DISCOVER: Explore a massive living ecosystem and find the means to survive, thrive, and maybe escape ARK island.
- TEAM UP TO SURVIVE: Start a tribe with hundreds of other players in a large-scale multiplayer online first person environment to survive and dominate competing tribes…and to ultimately discover ARK’s true purpose.
- JOIN A TRIBE: The ‘Tribe’ system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and re-spawn points. Other players are organizing rebel tribes to accumulate resources, experience, re-spawn points, and to construct sprawling villages and cities, with technology spanning the primitive stone-age to the modern electric-powered era and beyond. And they will fight to destroy anything they see as a threat.
ARK: Survival Evolved will be available on the Xbox One on December 16 for $34.99USD.
Last Updated on November 27, 2018.