Blizzard cryptically teased two new heroes for its Heroes of the Storm MOBA last week, and followed it up on Friday with a look at the new duo. The pair of heroes come via the Diablo universe: Necromancer Xul from Diablo II, and Wizard Li-Ming from Diablo III.
While part of the allure of Heroes of the Storm is the fact that you can battle as Zagara from Starcraft against Arthas from Warcraft, among many other combinations — Heroes currently boasts over 45 heroes from the Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft, and “retro” universes, the skins and dialogue stand out as well. Blizzard released some of the dialogue from Xul, and there’s more than a chuckle or two in there.
- Xul Intro: You’re from Sanctuary… Perhaps you know why my tome of town portal isn’t working.
- Johanna Response: Let’s defeat our foe, and then we can worry about how to get home.
- Johanna Intro: It’s been a long time since you were in the fight. Are you ready?
- Xul Response: It’s only been a long time to you…
- Xul Intro: Watch yourself, mage… Your kind has upset the Balance before.
- Li-Ming Response: I’m a wizard, actually. You’re the one who seems a little unbalanced.
- Li-Ming Intro: A necromancer… Do you know Mehtan?
- Xul Response: You know my apprentice? That’s certainly odd.
- Xul Intro: Archangel Tyrael, it is good to see you continue to fight for the Balance.
- Tyrael Response: I am glad to see you as well, friend.
- Tyrael Intro: Well met, friend!
- Xul Response: Tyrael… I’m glad to see you survived the Worldstone’s destruction.
Diablo III Hero Interactions:
- Xul Intro: So you’re the next generation. Think you can keep up with an old man?
- Sonya Response: Come, we will conquer this lot together.
- Valla Response: Come, let’s join the hunt.
- Nazeebo Response: Let us go where the spirits will!
- Kharazim Response: This realm has need of warriors like us.
- Sonya Intro: Well met, friend.
- Valla Intro: Hail, friend.
- Nazeebo Intro: Greetings, friend!
- Kharazim Intro: The gods favor me with your presence.
- Xul Response: Hmm… Nephalem… So the legends are true. This should be interesting.
- Xul Intro: Do you think you can put aside our differences for this fight Diablo?
- Diablo Response: I would destroy you if I could.
- Diablo Intro: I would destroy you if I could.
- Xul Response: I know… too bad you can’t. Or have you forgotten the last time?
- Xul Intro: A butcher. Glad you’re on our side.
- Butcher Response: <Growl>
In addition to the two new heroes, Blizzard has also unveiled three new mounts, four new skins for existing heroes, as well as the master and alternate skins for Xul and Mi-Ling. The company hasn’t set a release date or pricing for the new mounts, skins, and heroes, but based on the list we can expect to see a Xul bundle with skin and mount, Mi-Ling bundle with skin and mount, a new Lunar Festival bundle with two skins and a mount, as well as a potential Valentine’s day bundle with a couple of skins.
- Crimson Count Arthas
- Love Doctor Lt. Morales
- Lunar Jaina
- Lunar Illidan
- Master Li-Ming
- Master Xul
- Serpent King Xul
- Star Princess Li-Ming
- Star Chariot
- Cloud Serpent
- Lunar Dragon
You can check out the new heroes and skins in the video below.
What do you think about the new characters? Which hero and/or skin are you looking forward to using in the Nexus? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.[button link=”http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19993882/in-development-upcoming-heroes-skins-and-mounts-1-22-2016″ icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: Blizzard[/button][button link=”http://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-2-references-abound-with-heroes-of-the-stor/1100-6434080/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b” icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: Gamespot[/button]
Last Updated on January 24, 2016.