According to 9To5Mac, their sources have confirmed that Apple will release a 4 inch iPhone 5se (special edition) priced in at $450. This new iPhone 5se is rumored to be Apple’s way of appeasing users still holding on to their 4 inch iPhone 5s models. Much to Apple’s surprise, many users scoffed at the larger 4.7 inch iPhone 6 and refused to upgrade their hardware. With the iPhone 5s growing older, Apple is sure to drop support at some point so trying to get users back on their tracks is paramount. The interesting thing is, if 9To5Mac’s sources are to be believed, that the iPhone 5se is said to basically keep the same design language as the iPhone 5s with the internals making up the bulk of the refresh for this phone. Here’s a list of what’s happening with this device as provided by 9To5Mac.
Sources have provided the following list of “iPhone 5se” upgrades over the 5s:
- The chamfered, shiny edges have been replaced with curved glass like on the iPhone 6 and 6s lines
- The same 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.2 megapixel front camera systems from the iPhone 6
- Support for larger panoramas and autofocus for video recording
- Barometer for tracking elevation in the Health app
- An NFC chip for Apple Pay
- The A8 and M8 chips from the iPhone 6
- Bluetooth 4.2, VoLTE, and 802.11ac WiFi chips from the iPhone 6s
- Live Photos from the iPhone 6s
- Same Silver, Space Gray, Gold, & Rose Gold color options as the 6s line
One of the major things missing from the new 4 inch iPhone is 3D Touch, likely they’ll keep these types of features off in order to keep costs down. 9To5Mac doesn’t mention storage options for the phone but if Apple’s smart they’ll omit a 16GB variant and start off at 32GB. The price point of $450 is aggressive for Apple’s standards but will it be enough? $450 for a 4 inch phone with mid-tier specs might be asking a lot, but then this is Apple we’re talking about.
What do you think of the iPhone 5se? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Facebook and Twitter.Source: 9To5Mac