Mansfield Time has launched a Kickstarter for the Automatica One Dive Watch that features durability, versatility, and affordability while utilizing automatic movement which powers the watch by the movement of your wrist.
Featuring a rugged stainless steel case, robust band options, a sweeping automatic movement, dual sapphire glass, and extreme water resistance, the AUTOMATICA ONE offers an abundance of functional features typically found in watches with twice the price tag.
At the core of the Automatica One is the precision engineered Miyota Cal. No. 8217 mechanical movement featuring 21 jewels, a 21600 bph sweeping second hand, and a uni-directional self-winding mechanism which is powered by the movement of your wrist. As the watch doesn’t use a battery, you’ll never have to worry about it dying and having to replace the battery, and if the watch has been sitting for awhile unused, you simply hand-wind it to get it running again.
Some of the key features of the Automatica One include:
- It’s durable, rugged and stylish, so it’s great for everyday wear in the office, yet can withstand depths of up to 660 feet.
- It’s powered by the movement of your wrist, not a battery- so you’ll never have to worry about replacing one.
- The Automatica One is incredibly accurate with a Miyota Cal. No. 8217 mechanical movement featuring 21 jewels for the most accurate timing.
- Every Automatica One is custom designed from scratch, including custom molding for every piece that houses the movement.
Other features include a sapphire glass screw back case which allows you to watch the working gears, springs, and jewels, a 2.5mm domed sapphire crystal surface which makes the watch face extremely scratch-resistant, a 43mm case machined from grade 316L stainless steel, heavy duty lugs, a sandwich dial, a dynamic crown and stem for superior water resistance, and more.
The watch is available in Stainless Steel Black or White, PVD Stainless Steel Black, Zulu Black, and Natural Leather White. Each watch also comes with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty.
While the first two pledge groups are fully backed, you can still get an Automatica One for $275, which is $75 off the retail price of $350. There’s still 15 days left to back this project which has already met its goal and is now working on stretch goals. The first, which was reached at $85k, includes a sequential production serial number of each Kickstarter unit. The next goal is at $100k (at the time of this the project was sitting at just over $87k raised), and will add a gunmetal PVD case and band with a black face option. Both stretch options were the two that received the most votes by the current backers.
Technical specifications of the watch include:
- Movement: Miyota Cal. No. 8217 Automatic with 21 Jewels, a 21600bph Sweeping Second Hand, and Self & Manual Winding
- Case: 43 mm, 316L Surgical Grade Stainless Steel
- Crown: Diamond Cut, Screw Down, Spring Loaded, Rubber Gasket Seal
- Dial: Dual Layer Sandwich, BGW9 Superluminova Sublayer
- Strap: 22mm, Screw Pins
- Crystal: 2.5mm Domed Sapphire
- Caseback: Sapphire with Skeleton View
- Lume: BGW9 Superluminova Hands and Sublayer
- Water Resistance: 20 Atmospheres/660 Feet, pressure tested
The Automatica One Dive Watch is expected to start production next month with the watch shipping to backers in July.
What do you think about the Automatica One Dive Watch? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook and be sure to head on over to the Kickstarter if you want to back the project!Source: Kickstarter
Last Updated on