While wireless headphones and earbuds are gaining in popularity, there are still more of the wired variety on the market. With newer phones coming out and ditching the headphone jack altogether, not everyone is going to want to replace their favourite wired headphones with wireless or USB-C ones.
Griffin has launched the iTrip Clip Bluetooth Audio Adapter which allows users to wirelessly connect wired headphones to any Bluetooth capable smartphone. Simply pair the iTrip Clip to your smartphone, plug your wired headphones or earbuds into the device, and you’re good to go.
“iTrip Clip ensures users can continue using their favorite 3.5mm headphones, with no worries about if their new smartphone eliminated the headphone jack,” said Andrew Biddle, Category Manager of Power at Griffin. “Not only can our iTrip Clip make any pair of headphones wireless, it also puts the convenience of a Bluetooth sound system into any car.”
Features of the iTrip Clip include:
- Converts any earbuds or headphones to wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Supports Bluetooth version 4.1
- Play, volume and track controls work with all music, video, and streaming apps
- Built-in hands-free mic for phone and video calls
- Compatible with Siri, Google Now, and other voice recognition apps
- Set-and-forget configuration; reconnects automatically effortlessly with paired iOS and Android smartphones
- Wireless range approx. 30 feet (10 meters)
- Rechargeable 800mAh Li-Ion battery; up to 6 hours play/talk time, 180 hours standby
- Includes micro-USB recharging cable
- Connect to your car’s stereo with AUX cable (sold separately) to listen and control your smartphone in your car, wirelessly
- Perfect add-on for Moto Z and future devices without headphone jack
The iTrip Clip will be available for $19.99 in September on the Griffin website. What do you think of the iTrip Clip? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.
Last Updated on August 30, 2016.