HyperX has announced a new, lightweight and affordable gaming headset. Weighing only 275 grams, the HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset will retail for under $50USD.
“Building on the success of HyperX Cloud Gaming Headsets designed for gamers of all skill levels, including professional eSports athletes, our new HyperX Cloud Stinger brings our quality to all players, no matter their budget or expertise,” said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. “The HyperX Cloud Stinger rounds our line of Cloud Gaming Headsets to deliver consumers a broader range of premium in-game audio for gaming, music, entertainment, and more.”
Not only are these gaming headphones light, they have 90-degree rotating ear cups, and include 50mm directional drivers that are tilted to position sound directly into the ear for broader and more accurate in-game sound. Other key features include swiveling up the microphone to mute it, an adjustable steel slider, and headset volume controls.
“HyperX makes some truly great headsets, so when I tried out HyperX Cloud Stinger, I didn’t expect anything less,” said Gordon Hayward, professional NBA basketball player and avid gamer. “The sound quality is great. Whether traveling during the season, watching others battling it out online, or playing at home, HyperX Cloud Stinger is an all-star headset in its price class.”
HyperX Cloud Stinger key features include:
- Lightweight Design – Minimal weight for enhanced comfort
- Audio Precision – Optimal audio performance and sound quality
- Adjustable Steel Slider – Long lasting durability and stability; high-quality build
- Intuitive Volume Control – Easily accessible volume slider to adjust audio on the headset
- Noise-Cancellation Microphone – Clear voice quality; conveniently flip the microphone to mute
- Multi-Platform Compatibility – Enjoy comfort and enhanced audio experience on PC or console (may require controller adapter for Xbox One); plug into a mobile device (compatible with devices with CTIA standard connectors) and wear the headset on the go
HyperX Cloud Stinger Specifications:
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural; closed back
- Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
- Impedance: 30 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D: ≦ 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 275g
- Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
- Connection: Headset – 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable – 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
What do you think about the new HyperX Cloud Stinger headphones? Are you going to be picking up a pair? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.
Last Updated on October 6, 2016.