Not only is the Xbox One getting support for better surround sound, but the latest system update should also boost your download speeds by up to 80%. With game and update sizes these days, any speed boost is definitely a welcome addition — even on faster internet connections. There’s nothing like sitting down to play your favourite game and having to sit and wait for a 4GB update to download. According to the update notes, users with connections greater than 100Mbps should see up to 80% faster download speeds while everyone else should see download speed increases by up to 40%.
Full details of the latest Xbox One system update are below:
OS version: 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218) fre
Performance and general improvements
We’ve made several optimizations to game and app downloads on Xbox One:
- Customers with high-speed connections (greater than 100Mbps) should experience up to 80% faster download speeds.
- Customers with connections less than 100Mbps should experience more consistent performance that is up to 40% faster than before.
- Additional optimizations have also made background downloads more resilient to intermittent connectivity issues.
Download speeds will be influenced by network contention within the home and at the ISP level. Download speeds will also be impacted when games are running on the console as system resources are prioritized for gameplay over background downloads. For more information, visit Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One.
- Firmware update to improve performance.
- General performance improvements for added reliability and consistent experiences across steaming music apps.
- General stability and performance improvements.
Have you installed the new update yet? Have you noticed a difference in download speeds for your games and apps? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.[button link=”http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system” icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: Xbox Support[/button]
Last Updated on December 15, 2016.