First announced at CES 2017, the updated 5.2-inch Samsung Galaxy A5 will be available in Canada starting this Friday, March 17th. With enhanced front and rear cameras, IP68 water and dust resistance, longer battery life, and expandable storage up to 256GB, the Galaxy A5 takes the hassle out of everyday tasks.
“At Samsung, we want to ensure Canadians have access to the latest innovation to get them closer to what they are passionate about,” said Paul Brannen, COO and Executive Vice President, Mobile Solutions, Samsung Canada. “The Galaxy A5 is a testament to this; we integrated our unique approach to design with features Canadians have come to love to provide added performance to fit their connected lives.”
The new Galaxy A5 features a 3D glass and metal frame, dual 16MP cameras, a flush rear camera lens, a floating camera button to make taking selfies easier, built-in photo filters including Food Mode, and is the first Samsung A-series device to have an IP68 dust and water-resistant rating. The smartphone also includes an Always On Display for quick and easy viewing of the clock and calendar and has a Secure Folder option to keep sensitive data and selected apps private.
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy A5 include:
- CPU: 1.9GHz Octa-Core
- Display: 5.2″ 1920 x 1080 (FHD) Super AMOLED with 16M colours
- Camera: 16MP f/1.9 front and rear cameras
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 32 GB with MicroSD (Up to 256GB)
- USB: Type-C
- Location technology: GPS, Glonass
- 3.5mm Stereo audio jack
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4+5GHz with Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v4.2, NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Battery: 3000 mAh battery up to 78 hours battery life depending on usage
- Gear Support: Gear Circle (Manager Support), Gear Fit, Gear Fit2, Gear1, Gear2, Gear2 Neo, Gear S, Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear IconX
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 146.1 x 71.4 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 159g
Pricing and carrier details have yet to be unveiled, Rogers confirmed to us via Twitter that they have no plans to carry the device, Telus wouldn’t confirm whether they were or not as well, while Bell mentioned it was coming soon. The device will be available in Black Sky and Blue Mist colour variants.
Last Updated on