The Bunker was easily one of my favourite games last year and is on my list of hidden gems. It was the first time I played a FMV (full motion video) game and Wales Interactive did a decent job with it. The publisher has teamed up with CtrlMovie and is releasing Late Shift, a cinematic FMV crime thriller, on Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One next month.
Late Shift is a high stakes FMV crime thriller with branching storylines. After being forced into the robbery of a lucrative auction house, mathematics student Matt is left proving his innocence in the brutal London heist. The consequences of his actions take him on a vicious and violent journey across the capital, escaping the twisted web the player has the power to weave.
As with The Bunker, every choice you make affects the story outcome leading up to seven different endings to the game. If the game trailer is any indication, Late Shift will definitely feel like you’re being thrust into the middle of an action movie.
Some of the features of Late Shift include:
- Multi-optional Storytelling: One story, countless storylines, seven endings.
- A completely live-action, cinematic interactive thriller, filmed in full HD in London, England.
- Over 180 decision points in total with no pauses and no looping footage.
- Directed by Tobias Weber, and written by Michael R. Johnson, author of Sherlock Holmes (2009 film)
- Acting performances by Joe Sowerbutts (Matt), Haruka Abe (May-Ling) and Oliver Twist’s Richard Durden (Samuel Parr).
PlayStation 4 and PC gamers in Europe can score a 20% discount if the pre-order the game before April 18th when the game releases. When it releases, it will be priced at £9.99/$12.49USD.
Last Updated on March 28, 2017.