As of a few days ago, Samsung has pushed out an update to their latest smartwatch, the Gear S3 Classic and Frontier. The update itself comes with new features and improvements with the firmware version being R770XXU2BQC5 (Classic) and R760XXU2BQC5 (Frontier).
The size of the update is 129.62mb which isn’t too bad considering the new features being included. Some of those features include the ability to add Date and Music compilations to select Watch faces, setting a date and time when creating S Voice reminders, Find My Device that will now display the contact information if the watch ever gets lost, and dark screen and negative color options in the Accessibility settings.
Here’s the full list of the update:
- Watch face – You can now add Date and Music compilations to selected Watch faces.
- Alti-Barometer – An altitude auto refresh feature has been added.
- Samsung Health – Customizable pace-coaching feature and HR Zone information for Running has been added.
- S Voice – You can now set a date and time when creating a Reminder.
- News Briefing – With the improved UI, you can read the news more conveniently via the widget.
- Settings – A TTS option has been added to the Input menu. (Additional languages are available to download)
- Find My Device – A new feature to display your contact information on your Gear if it gets lost has been added.
- Accessibility – New features have been added to Direct access menu including Screen Reader, Accessibility, Dark screen, Greyscale, and Negative colors.
- iOS Support – UX enhancements and bug fixes (S Voice recognition rate, Connection Stability, and Music Transfer from PC)
- Samsung Gear – An Auto Switch feature has been added that supports the Gear S3, S2, and Fit2, which automatically connects the Gear device being worn to the paired smartphone.
- Stop Watch – Max time increased to 3 hours.
- Samsung Internet for Gear – Browse the Internet with Gear (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- New Partner Apps – BMW Connected and Spotify (download in Galaxy App Store)