With the announcement of the new Surface Pro and a month still left in its Indiegogo campaign, the Chuwi SurBook has reached nearly 950% of its fundraising goal. The SurBook has similar specs to the currently available Surface Pro 4 with more RAM, a bigger battery, and a much cheaper price point.
The Chuwi SurBook is slightly heavier than the Surface Pro 4 but comes with a whopping 10,000mAh battery — nearly double that of the Surface Pro 4. It also runs on Windows 10, uses an Intel Celeron N3450 Apollo Lake processor, Intel HD Graphics 500, 6GB RAM, and will be available in 64GB or 128GB configurations. The 12.3″ screen with 10 point multi-touch is the same size and resolution as the Surface Pro 4 at the same 3:2 aspect ratio and PPI.
Some of the specs and features of the Chuwi SurBook include:
- Screen: 12.3-inch display with 2736×1824 resolution (267ppi)
- CPU: Apollo Lake N3450, 4-core 4-thread, up to 2.2GHz
- Storage: 6GB+64GB/128GB
- Ports: 1x USB Type-C, 2x USB 3.0 Type-A, headphone jack, micro SDXC card slot
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band, Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery: 10,000mAh
- Camera: 5.0MP rear camera, 2.0MP front camera
- Dimensions: 297.8 x 203.3 x 9.4mm
- Weight: 967g
- Accessories: 1024 pressure levels stylus + detachable keyboard
- Price: $299/ $349/ $399
- Shipment: End of July
The company has also provided a handed comparison chart comparing the SurBook to the Surface Pro 4 and the iPad Pro.
While the newly announced Surface Pro has better specs, the SurBook looks to be a decent and affordable alternative to those wanting a 2-in-1 Windows tablet for business or school.
As mentioned above, there’s still time to pick on up at Early Bird pricing for as low as $299USD for the 64GB version and $349USD for the 64GB version with a detachable keyboard and pen. Shipping to backers and retail outlets is expected in July of this year.Back on Indiegogo
Last Updated on