If you’re a follower of mine on social media you know very well I love Narcos. Now Netflix is preparing Narcos season three and has just released the trailer for Narcos season three. If you’re not familiar with the series I’d suggest you go binge watch seasons one and two. Initially, the series followed the life and death of Pablo Escobar.
The series has been a mashup of reality and drama. I have loved how the series has mixed in real news coverage of the era with the storyline. Most of all of the first two seasons took place in Colombia and other Latin American locations, season three now moves into New York. Check out the trailer!
Cocaine cartels are all about succession: The day Pablo Escobar went down, the Cali Cartel became public enemy number one. They called themselves the Gentlemen of Cali – the biggest drug lords you’ve probably never heard of. Led by four powerful godfathers, the Cali Cartel turned the cocaine trade into a global enterprise.
Narcos Season Three Synopsis:
Now that the bloody hunt for Pablo Escobar has ended, the DEA turns its attention to the richest drug trafficking organization in the world: the Cali Cartel. Led by four powerful godfathers, this cartel operates much differently than Escobar’s, preferring to bribe government officials and keep its violent actions out of the headlines.
Meet the Kings:
- Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela (Damian Alcazar)- leader of Cali Cartel, “boss of bosses”
- Miguel Rodriguez Orejuela (Francisco Denis)- the brains behind the rise of the of Cali Cartel and Gilberto’s brother
- Pacho Herrera (Alberto Ammann)- the on-the-low hitman, runs the Mexican connection and international distribution
- Chepe Santacruz Londono (Pepe Rapazote)– runs the satellite NYC empire of the Colombian drug network
Just as Gilberto announces a bold plan to walk away from the business, DEA agent Javier Peña (Pedro Pascal) enlists the help of American and Colombian law enforcement to take it down. This season opens up a complex and ruthless world of new figures.
Other new players include:
- Jorge Salcedo (Matias Varela)- Cali’s head of security who prioritizes his wife and kids’ protection over his bosses
- DEA agents Chris Feistl (Michael Stahl-David) and Daniel Van Ness (Matt Whelan), who enter the operation with enthusiasm and inexperience
- Franklin Jurado (Miguel Angel Silvestre)- the cartel’s money launderer who unknowingly puts his wife, Christina (Kerry Bishe) in mortal danger
- David Rodriguez (Arturo Castro)- Miguel’s oldest son, who is reluctant at first to take a leading role in the cartel structure
Last Updated on August 3, 2017.