I’ll admit, I really enjoy playing Rock Band Blitz from time to time on my Xbox 360, even though the game is five years old. I’ve been waiting for it to hit the Xbox Backward Compatibility list, but Harmonix has confirmed in a forum post that that’s not going to happen. Even worse, depending on how you look at it, the demo and the full game for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 will no longer be available for download by August 28th at the latest.
After a good gap, it’s that time again. The demo and full game for Rock Band Blitz will be coming down on or before August 28th. Released in 2012 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3, it’s not backwards compatible on either Xbox One or PlayStation®4(nor will it be in the future), but all 25 songs on the soundtrack can be brought over to Rock Band 4 at no additional charge. The steps for that process can be found here.
Speaking of the songs, all 25 songs featured on Rock Band Blitz were released as standard DLC after the game came out. Those versions of the songs will remain up until further notice.
There is a bit of a silver lining, however. If you happen to own Rock Band Blitz and Rock Band 4, you can download all 25 tracks originally included with the game to Rock Band 4 at no extra charge. While the download is easy enough on the PlayStation 4 — simply search for Rock Band Blitz Soundtrack in the PlayStation Network Store to get a link to Install the content.
On the Xbox One, however, you’ll have to search for all 25 songs individually. Fortunately, you can remotely install them from the store as well using the “Install on Xbox One” button. To make it easier for you, we’ve linked the list of songs to their respective Microsoft Store link for easier downloading below. Chances are you may have some of these as they were all previously released as DLC for Rock Band 4, but it doesn’t hurt to check. After all, free is good, right?
- “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More ‘Touch Me’” – Fall Out Boy
- “Always” – Blink-182
- “Bang Your Head (Metal Health)” – Quiet Riot
- “Cult of Personality” – Living Colour
- “Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To…)” – Queen
- “Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)” – Shinedown
- “Give It Away” – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- “I’m Still Standing” – Elton John
- “Jessie’s Girl” – Rick Springfield
- “Jungle Boogie” – Kool & the Gang
- “Kids in the Street” – All-American Rejects
- “Moves Like Jagger” – Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera
- “Once Bitten, Twice Shy” – Great White
- “One Week” – Barenaked Ladies
- “Pumped Up Kicks” – Foster the People
- “Raise Your Glass” – P!nk
- “Shine” – Collective Soul
- “Shout” – Tears for Fears
- “Sing” – My Chemical Romance
- “So Far Away” – Avenged Sevenfold
- “Spoonman” – Soundgarden
- “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” – Kelly Clarkson
- “These Days” – Foo Fighters
- “We Are Young” – fun. feat. Janelle Monáe
- “The Wicker Man” – Iron Maiden
Last Updated on August 17, 2017.