If you’ve been waiting for the Huawei Band 2 Pro fitness tracker to show up in the U.S., today’s your lucky day. Huawei’s next gen fitness tracker is now available here in the U.S. at an MSRP of $69.99USD. The Band 2 Pro features are right along the same lines as other fitness trackers and here’s a quick rundown of what to expect.
- Standalone GPS to reduce the reliance on smartphone connectivity while also providing more accurate pace, distance, and speed tracking
- 5ATM Water Resistance that can stand up to all-day wear, hand washing, and swimming
- Continuous Heart Rate Monitoring that shares accurate heart rate data and personalized suggestions for staying healthy
- Professional Run Coach, a scientific running coach that can be personalized for specific training programs, such as 5k or half marathons, with training effect, VO2max and recovery time
- Relaxation Training with breathing instructions to reduce stress
- HUAWEI TruSleep scientific sleep tracking which delivers comprehensive sleep monitoring and tracks light, deep and REM sleeps, as well as sleep interruptions
- Smart Notifications such as incoming calls, e-mail notifications, smart alarms and activity reminders when sitting for too long
Huawei claims you should get seven days of continuous use out of the 105 mAh battery or 21 days of standby power. Here are the specs on this little guy.
- Size: 44 mm x 19.7 mm x 10.3 mm (H × W × D)
- Strap Length: 114.67 mm + 101.35 mm
- Screen: PMOLED black-and-white screen
- Weight: Approximately 21 g
- Bluetooth: 2.4 GHz; Bluetooth 4.2 protocol; Bluetooth connection distance < 10 m (in an open area)
- Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer; detached PPG cardio tachometer; infrared wear sensor
- OS compatability: Android 4.4 or higher, iOS 8.0 or higher
- Charging Method: Two PIN charging port, connected to charging cradle through clip
“Behind the development of the HUAWEI Band 2 Pro is a desire to build a fitness tracker that supports our digital and physical lives while still maintaining an attractive look and feel,” said Vincent Wen, Vice President, Huawei Device USA. “Regardless of where adventures may lead, we’re proud to say the Band 2 Pro and our lineup of wearables are there to help support everyone’s desire for more active lifestyles.”
Last Updated on September 7, 2017.