Gaming is serious business and gamers do anything they can to get a leg up. Linksys hopes to help out with the new Linksys WRT32X Gaming Router optimized for PCs and laptops with Killer Networking cards. The WRT32X incorporates Rivet Networks Killer Prioritization Engine (KPE) to optimize traffic for low latency and less lag to ensure fast and smooth gaming, video, and audio.
“Serious gamers are spending money on game play and expect to have technology that provides significant advantages to beat their opponents”, said Vince La Duca, global product manager at Linksys. “The Linksys WRT32X provides advantages that no other routers have – and that is the Killer Prioritization Engine. The router, when paired with a Killer-enabled PC –from makers such as Alienware®, Gigabyte®, MSI®, or Razer® and others, provides a powerful end-to-end connection to prioritize gaming traffic to reduce peak ping times up to 77%*, providing a real advantage for faster kills over opponents that use regular “so-called” gaming routers.”
Working in tandem with Killer Network cards, the KPE prioritizes gaming and video networking traffic and helps prevent less important activities, like downloading, from affecting the gaming and internet experience of other users. If the Killer Control Center on the users PC is configured to prioritize streaming videos, the WRT32X will honor those priorities on the router side.
“Integrating Killer Networking technology to the WRT32X is a huge win for gamers” said Bob Grim, vice president of marketing and business development at Rivet Networks. “For the first time, Gamers will have a router that is designed specifically to work with their Killer-enabled PCs to identify and prioritize important gaming network traffic and ensure their online gaming experience is fast and smooth no matter what else is going on in their home network.”
In addition, the WRT32X features a custom built firmware and GUI with a unified responsive design across desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. When a computer with a Killer-enabled computer connects to a WRT32X router, a new “router” tab will appear in the Killer Control Center, allowing easier access to the router’s KPE settings.
WRT32X Key Benefits:
- Wi-Fi router built purely for gaming identifies, prioritizes gaming network above all else to give users an edge
- Synchronization with Killer-enabled PCs gives gaming traffic a priority on wired and Wi-Fi connections
- Prioritization engine powered by Killer Networking delivers up to 77% reduction* in peak ping for faster response time
- Blazing fast 1.8GHz Dual-Core processor for simultaneous high-speed data processing
- Custom-built gaming user interface and firmware specially tuned for online gaming traffic
- Exclusive optimization for Killer Networking gaming clients found in computers from Alienware, Gigabyte, MSI, Razer and more
Product Technical Specifications:
- Wi-Fi Technology: AC3200 MU-MIMO
- Network Standards: 802.11a/g, 802.11n, 802.11ac
- Wi-Fi Speed: AC3200 (N600 + AC2600) ‡
- Wi-Fi Bands: 2.4 and 5 GHz (simultaneous dual-band)
- DFS certified for operation in the clear DFS channel airspace
- 5-port Pro-grade Gigabit Ethernet ports: 1x Gigabit WAN port, 4x Gigabit LAN ports
- Other: One(1) USB 3.0 port, One(1) Combo eSATA/USB 2.0 port, Power
- Antennas: 4x external, dual-band, detachable antennas
- Processor: 1.8 GHz dual-core
- Memory: 512MB DDR3 RAM / 256MB Flash
- Wireless Encryption: WPA2 Personal
- VPN Support: PPTP IPSec pass‐through
- Storage File System Support: FAT, NTFS, and HFS+
- Browser-based Setup and custom graphical user interface
- Open Source ready for OpenWrt
The WRT32X is currently available on Amazon and Linksys.com and will be rolling out to leading retailers such as Best Buy, B&H, Fry’s, Micro Center, New Egg and Target, throughout September for an estimated MSRP of $299.99 USD.