There’s no question the Nintendo Switch has been a home run for Nintendo due to its portability and versatility, not to mention the growing selection of great games. One of the issues with taking it on the go, however, is trying to play multiplayer on the Switch’s 6.2″ screen — a size that’s fine for handheld gaming, but not so much for three or four players.
Enter OJO — a portable projector for the Nintendo Switch which not only projects from 30 to 150″ in size, and also acts as a backup power supply for the console. The 20400 mAh battery can run the OJO for about 4 hours, and also supports PD fast charging. OJO also has a 5W bass effect dual speaker stereo system and can also be connected to an external speaker system. The OJO also doubles as a standalone projector for devices with HDMI support.
Full technical specifications of the OJO portable projector include:
- Display Technology: Texas Instruments DLP
- Luminance: DMD LED projection
- Resolution: 854*480 Pixel
- Aspect Ratio: >1000:1
- Projection Ratio: 16:9 Projection
- Screen Size: 30”-120”
- Interface: HDMI input, 2 USB 3.0, USB Type-C for input and charging Nintendo Switch,
- Output: 3.5” Line out.
- Speaker output: 5W
- Battery: LG High Capacity Lithium Battery – 3.7V 20400mAh
- Expected play time: 4 hours per charge
- Charging Current: 15V 2.6 A
- Power: 5v/2A output
- Size: Dimensions(mm) 172*80*70
- Cooling fan for DMD projector: 11000 RPM turbo fan
- Cooling for fan for Nintendo Switch: 7600 RPM
The OJO has a pretty aggressive timeline considering it’s in the prototype stage with 600 units expected to be ready for shipping in December. That being said, the campaign has already more than doubled the $30,000USD flex goal with a month left. There’s still some Super Early Birds for the OJO Projector for $269USD so there’s still time to get in on the ground floor on this one. You can also pick up a Super Early Bird Pack which include the OJO Projector and a Traveler Bag for $299. After the campaign, the price is expected to be $369 for the projector alone.Back on Indiegogo
Last Updated on