Over the years we’ve gone from 480p to 720p, then 1080p to 2K and 4K. As is par for the course, the industry isn’t content with sitting back and Detu has announced the F4 Plus — an 8K VR camera with 360º image, video, and live stream capture functionality.
Equipped with four 200º fisheye lenses, the DetuStitch software stitches the images together into a seamless 360º view. The camera also features an Ethernet port and wireless 2.4 and 5G connectivity for live streaming. The 4800mAh battery provides up to 120 minutes of continuous shooting and the charging base can charge two batteries at the same time. Audio is also supported with two built-in microphones.
When recording, the F4 Plus can create 360° images and videos with an 8K resolution of 7680×3840 (at 30fps for video). When live streaming and recording at the same time, the app will stitch the video together into 4K video. The F4 Plus will have iOS and Android apps, allowing users to control the camera, edit, and share images on social media.
Hardware and image specifications of the F4 Plus include:
- Hardware Specifications
- Image sensor: Sony IMX117
- Main chip: Ambarella A12S75
- Lens: Fisheye, f/2.2, 2.0mm effective focal length, 200º single field of view, 360°×360° panoramic range
- Storage: 256MB Nand Flash; microSD card support
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Power supply: DC 12V/3A
- Wi-Fi: 2.4G & 5.8G
- Microphone: Built-in
- Sound: Buzzer
- Battery Capacity: 4800mAh; 2-hour
- Image specifications
- Video: H.264, MP4
- Image: JPG
- Panorama image specifications: 7680×3840
- Panorama video specifications: 7680×3840@30fps
- Extended capacity: Single TF maximum supports 128G
As one would expect, with specs and functionality like that the F4 Plus isn’t going to be cheap and will have an MSRP of $2599USD. If you’re interested and can foot the bill, you can sign up on Detu’s website in the link below to be notified of updates.Source: F4 Plus