YouTube TV is Google’s way of trying to get into the broadcasting business with affordable TV and more than 35+ channels to watch from and in over 50 U.S cities.
As of right now, people can only watch YouTube TV on their TV by casting it from their mobile device to their Chromecast. It’s pretty convenient at people are able to watch football games or their favorite shows on a bigger screen than just their phone or tablet. YouTube TV is now available on other platforms including Microsoft’s Xbox One family of consoles (joining the recently added Amazon Prime Video), along with Android TV devices such as the NVIDIA Shield and TV’s that have Android TV built in like some Sony sets. The application has already been pushed out to these Android TV devices, so if you haven’t seen it yet, give it a little bit of time to hit your device.
With the new application out, new features come to life.
- Control your live TV experience with your TV’s remote control or game controller.
- For a more cinematic look, we made the background dark on your TVs.
- A new Live guide made for your big screen so you can get a sneak-peek at what’s airing soon.
- Never miss the action with our background playback experience built for your big screen.
- Easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a compatible Android TV device because the TV streaming service will be coming to the Apple TV, and more smart TVs from LG, Samsung, and Sony in the coming weeks.
Don’t forget, if you haven’t tried YouTube TV yet, you can start a 30-day trial and may even get a free Chromecast out of it. Also, if you’re tired of paying for it monthly, you can cancel it at any time.
What do you guys think about YouTube TV making it to the Xbox One console, Android TV, and more? Do you plan on getting or trying out YouTube TV? Let us know by leaving your comments down below, or on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.Source: YouTube Blog