It’s here! The inaugural Forza Motorsport 7 #Forzathon event has just gone live. If you’ve been following our #Forzathon posts, you’ll notice a slight change in our headline. As the Forza Motorsport 7 #Forzathons are now official, we’ll be adding FH3 for Forza Horizon 3 and FM7 for Forza Motorsport 7 to differentiate between the two. The FM7 #Forzathon November 10-23rd event gives you a chance to pick up the ’69 Ford Mustang Boss 302 FE (Forza Edition), driver gear, and a second car.
This #Forzathon event started on November 10th at 9:30 a.m. PT and closes at (presumably) 9:30 am PT on November 23rd (we’re assuming the time). Unlike the Forza Horizon 3 #Forzathon events, it looks like these ones will be running for two weeks at a time.
So just what are these “challenges” that you have to complete? For starters, you’ll need to beat a rival, complete a race on Circuit de Spa, and complete 5 laps in Maple Valley in a Classic Street Muscle Division Car in order to uncover the next challenger for each task. “Clean Sweep” and “Going the Distance” have three challenges each while “This is Forza Motorsport 7” has four. We’ll update this as we play through the challenges to give you a complete list.
Check out the complete task list and rewards below:
- Clean Sweep: Complete all Challenges to win the ’95 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM
- Beat a Rival (Rivals mode > check leaderboard > someone as your rival and beat their time)
- Complete 5 laps in a Modern Hot Hatch Division Car
- Win a race in an Exotic GT Car
- Going the Distance: Complete all Challenges to receive the Astronaut Modern Driver Gear
- Complete a race on Circuit de Spa
- Complete 3 Autocross events (Rivals mode > Autocross)
- Complete a race on Nürburgring in a Porsche
- This is Forza Motorsport 7: Complete all Challenges to earn the ’69 Ford Mustang Boss 302 FE
- Complete 5 laps in Maple Valley in a Classic Street Muscle Division Car
- Complete 5 laps in Dubai with a Track Toys Division Car
- Complete 5 laps in Mugello in a Forza Touring Cars Division Car
- Complete 5 laps in Prague in a GT Racing Reborn Division Car
Aside from the Rivals and Autocross challenges, all the challenges can be completed in Free Play. Simply pick the location, select the shortest track, and adjust the number of laps to five. For the Circuit de Spa and Nürburgring races, select Timed Race and set it to 0:30 for a quick race completion. For the last two “Clean Sweep” challenges, simply hit up Daytona or the Indianapolis Speedway for easy laps and (hopefully) an easy one lap win in an Exotic GT car. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or working as intended, but I noticed when you do a Rivals or Autocross challenge, it didn’t always register on your first race — which it should considering there is a rival listed on the screen above your profile. After completing one lap, or the Autocross, with a purposely bad time, I then checked the leaderboards, sorted to “Near You” and then selected and made someone a few below me my Rival then re-did the lap or Autocross, handily beating them. After this, the challenge either completed or registered the proper #/3 progress.
What do you think about the inaugural FM7 #Forzathon event and the vehicles and driver gear up for grabs? What do you think of this week’s FH3 #Forzathon? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.