So you’ve upgraded to that shiny new 4K UHD HDR TV you got on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Fortunately, visual quality isn’t the only feature that’s getting better in home entertainment systems. With Dolby 5.1 and 7.1 systems the norm, Dolby Atmos takes it to the next level and the new Damson S-Series Home Cinema system is one of the lastest systems that supports the newer audio technology.
Dolby Atmos isn’t that new, it has been around since 2012 in select theatres and started hitting home setups in 2014. With the recent push to 4K video and game quality as of late, Dolby Atmos is getting the same push with support on PCs and the Xbox One for specific games. To put it simply, Atmos allows up to 128 separate audio tracks to use spatial audio and is referred to as 7.1.2 or 7.1.4. The .2 and .4 refer to the number of overhead speakers connected to a 7.1 system which adds the spatial audio element.
Now that you know what Dolby Atmos is, Damson has announced an affordable Dolby Atmos capable wireless S-Series Home Cinema system. The S-Series Home Cinema system with Dolby Atmos features a soundbar, subwoofer, 2 S-Cubes, and a Dolby Atmos Speaker, allowing the system to decode all Dolby formats, including Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby Atmos, creating cinema-level audio experiences in a powerful, compact, and elegant package. While the subwoofer is the “brains” of the setup, there is a Dolby Atmos module that sits right on top of the sound-bar.
“Thanks to our partnership with Dolby, the S-Series Home Cinema system brings together plug-and-play simplicity with big cinematic sound sophistication and cutting edge wireless audio technology,” said James Talbot, CEO and Founder of Damson.
The first wireless modular home cinema speaker system to support Dolby Atmos, the system builds upon Damson’s JetStreamNet wireless network which has the capability to wireless connect up to 8 speakers which allow for various setups and placements. The wireless speakers that are part of the S-Series Home Cinema system last up to 8 hours at 70% volume, so depending on your viewing habits you should be good for most binging sessions.
S-Series features and technical specifications include:
- True Wireless surround sound powered by Damson JetStreamNet
- Modular system design: Flexible and easy to set up
- Experience Dolby Atmos 3D 360º immersive surround sound
- Compact, powerful design suits modern living rooms
- S-Bar (sound bar)
- Dimensions (W*H*D) 240*65*80 mm
- Wireless Network JetStreamNet
- Audio codecs Dolby Virtual, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos
- S-Woofer (subwoofer)
- Dimensions (W*H*D) 240*240*80mm
- Connections 1 x HDMI
- Ports 2 x HDMI, 1 x Analog 3.5mm, 1 x Bluetooth
- Wireless network JetStreamNet
- S-Cube (2x wireless speakers)
- Dimensions (W*H*D) 100*116*100mm
- Output 35W
- Battery Lithium-ion (7,800mAh)
- Wireless network JetStreamNet
- Playback Up to 8hrs at 70% volume
- Charge time Approximately 3hrs
- Sources JetStreamNet, Aux-in, Bluetooth
- S-Atmos (Dolby Atmos speaker)
- Dimensions (W*H*D) 240*115*80mm
- Output 10W
- Connectivity Docking via S-Bar
The Damson S-Series Home Cinema system is available for pre-order starting today for $799.99USD/£799.99/€849.99 with shipping expected in early 2018.Pre-order from Damson