UPDATE (12/09/2017 14:00EST):
The app is now live in the App Store and you can find it here. You can also check out the launch video below.
The folks behind the Newton email app have been working on a new app for iOS users. The app is a standalone Newton calendar that ties in into the email app. According to the folks at Newton, the calendar has been the most asked for feature. However, rather than build it into the Newton email app, the developers decided to build a separate app. Better multi-tasking was the inspiration behind this. A calendar tab in the app wasn’t cutting it. According to Umesh Gopinath, designer at Newton:
“It’s cumbersome, but at the same time adding it as a tab in Inbox, like other email apps, was also not solving it.”
So with that in mind, the folks at Newton built a lightweight calendar app. With it, you’ll get:
- ‘Schedule View’ will help you plan better. Know about your upcoming events and free slots with a quick glance.
- To create an event, just tap on the date, type the time and event title and hit ‘Done’.
- No more long “sequential forms” for adding events. Add notes, location and other details with ease in any order.
- It’s optimized to work well when on the move. E.g notify the organizer when you’re running late or if you cannot make it, with just a tap.
- Reliable notifications ensure that you don’t miss out on anything.
- Access multiple calendars in one place. Manage any number of Gmail, Google Apps and Exchange (EWS) calendars.
The app is currently in closed beta, but you can sign up to test the new Newton Calendar app here. Otherwise, a public beta is in the works and will be out in a few weeks time. You’ll have access to the beta if you have a current Newton email account.
If you haven’t used Newton’s email app yet, it’s supercharged with features like Read Receipts, Tidy Inbox, Send Later, Snooze, & now a Calendar. If you check it out, be sure to let us know what you think. You can do so by letting us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.Source: Newton on Medium