Lenovo has just announced new content for its Star Wars: Jedi Challenges AR gaming experience. Star Wars: Jedi Challenges runs on the Lenovo Mirage AR headset which was released earlier this year. Lenovo says this is the first content expansion to feature new enemies, battles, and duelists from Star Wars: The Last Jedi. It will be available for free through a downloadable update to the Star Wars: Jedi Challenges mobile app.
New features include:
- New Lightsaber Duel – Players can duel two elite Praetorian Guards featured in The Last Jedi. This is the first time Jedi Challenges players will duel two characters at the same time.
- New Planet for Strategic Combat – Three thrilling new levels of Strategic Combat set on Crait, a brand new planet that debuts in the film, will come with the update. Battle new enemies and vehicles including the formidable First Order AT-M6 walker.
- New Content in Assault mode – All-new enemies and levels will be introduced, including the First Order Stormtrooper Executioner and Riot Control Stormtrooper.
- Introduction of Porgs – Players will be rewarded with fan-favorite porgs in augmented reality.
These new features already augment existing features which include:
- Lightsaber Battles. With their very own lightsaber, fans can train against legendary dark side villains like Kylo Ren and Darth Vader.
- Strategic Combat. Players marshal the forces of the Republic, Rebel Alliance, and Resistance against the might of the Separatists, Empire, and First Order in epic battles across their living room floors. Players can hone their skills in strategy and tactics as they engage in battles.
- Holochess. Perhaps one of the most iconic board games brought to film, Holochess first leapt into moviegoer’s hearts when it was played on the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope. It has now been brought to life in Jedi Challenges. Fans can direct their holographic alien pieces across the board, wrestling for territory and control.
The new additions should get many Star Wars fans excited and might even entice some of you to pick up the kit. The Last Jedi content pack will be available in the mobile app in January 2018. You can pick up the kit in time for Christmas for $199.99USD and it is available on Lenovo.com and BestBuy.com, and at Best Buy stores nationwide.Purchase from Best Buy