We’ve reviewed a few of SKAGEN’s hybrid smartwatch offerings here at Techaeris and have been more than impressed by the way they marry a classic watch with basic smartwatch functionality. The company has announced at CES 2018 that they are launching the Falster Smartwatch, an Android Wear 2.0 powered touchscreen smartwatch.
The Falster utilizes the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 platform and will be available in four colorways, including stainless steel and rose mesh straps. By the looks of it, SKAGEN hasn’t compromised it’s simple, modern, minimalist design that is featured in their hybrid smartwatches.
“One of our goals with SKAGEN’s smartwatches is to make technology feel more familiar and approachable. We do this by simplifying and editing our products, but also by humanizing the experience of using them: the dial layouts and the movements are designed for calm and pleasant interaction. We’ve even added personal touches like our ‘mascot’ Dan, who serves as a friendly guide, celebrates your personal goals, and helps bring a daily smile to your face,” says Frederik Thrane, Creative Director of SKAGEN. “We want to take the best of what technology has to offer and create a timepiece that lives up to our belief in good design for better living. We’ve strived to create unique dials only possible in digital, proving it’s not just what’s inside the watch that counts but rather how you choose to use it.”
Key features of the Falster include:
- Function-Based Dials, so you can access your favorite features quickly
- Battery-Efficient Design, featuring simple dials that maximize your wear
- Automatic accuracy, so you never have to set your watch
- Smartwatch notifications, so you can effortlessly view incoming calls, texts, and emails from your wrist
- Activity Tracking
- Customizable Watch Faces, allowing users to personalize their dial’s mode, color, and apps
- Touchscreen Functionality
- Voice Commands, powered by the Google Assistant
- Music Control, through third-party apps like Google Play
- Interchangeable Straps
- Compatible with iOS 9.0+/Phone 5+ and Android Devices 4.4+
- Connects via Bluetooth Technology
- Wireless Syncing
- Powered by Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Wear™ 2100 platform
“Innovation in smartwatches creates incredible impact for our customers—they have the option to buy a technology product where the hardware is always in style and the functionality can be continuously improved to provide an even more feature-rich experience with every update, ‘’ says Anne Cashill, SVP of SKAGEN. ‘’This is why we made dials that conserve battery life and look stunning in their simplicity as well as functional dials that focus on what applications you actually use without adding unnecessary complications. We are confident we are making the more wearable wearable, which will continue to differentiate SKAGEN in the fashion-tech marketplace.”
The Falster will retail for $275-$295USD when it launches later this month.