Lenovo is broadening their education focus with the announcement of new laptops that feature Chrome or Windows. Chromebooks have become a cheap and easy to use alternative to expensive Windows PC’s and Mac’s. But sometimes you need Windows for certain things, and the new Lenovo lineup offers either at a fairly decent price point. The new lineup includes the following models:
Lenovo ThinkPad 11e and 11e Yoga
- Thinner and lighter than the previous generation, the 5th generation ThinkPad 11e and 11e Yoga also offer improved battery life, up to 12 hours.
- ThinkPad 11e and 11e Yoga with Windows are updated with latest Intel N series processors
- 12 method MIL-SPEC testing prepares the laptops for the rigors of classroom life.
- 11e Yoga features a garaged pen for easier storage and world-facing camera enabling pictures and video recording in tablet mode
- 11.6-inch HD IPS display, with touch now available on 11e notebook
- Lenovo 500e Chromebook is a new design featuring an 11.6-inch HD IPS display with Gorilla Glass
- Includes a pressure sensitive pen that is conveniently stored in a built-in compartment
- 5MP world-facing camera makes it easier to record and take pictures in the correct orientation from all four modes.
- Powered by an Intel Celeron N3450 processor with up to 8GB RAM and 64GB storage
- Up to 10 hours battery life2 and weighs 2.97 pounds (1.35kg)
- Lenovo 300e is available with Windows 10 or Google Chrome
- Lenovo 300e (Windows model), features Intel Apollo Lake processors
- Lenovo 300e Chromebook is powered by MediaTek MTK 8173C processor
- The multi-mode form factor offers users flexibility to work in whichever mode suits the task at hand
- An improved ten-point multi-touch display provides a better interactive experience
- Up to 8 hours battery life on Windows model and up to 10 hours on Chrome model2
- Weight from 3 pounds (1.35kg) with an 11.6-inch HD IPS display
- Windows model includes pen support
- Lenovo 100e is available with Windows 10 or Google Chrome
- Features an Intel Celeron N3350 processor
- Up to 10 hours battery life1 and weighs just 2.7 pounds (1.22kg)
- 11.6-inch HD antiglare display
Lenovo had this to say about their commitment to education:
We believe in a distinct and unique value proposition for students and educators alike. Our focus on integrating new innovations with proven technologies, such as pen and touch, will help classrooms keep pace with the modern world. Lenovo is committed to driving solutions that include hardware, software, and services that empower educators and create a better daily learning experience that adds up to bolder ambitions and achievements. Classroom management software tools, like Lenovo LanSchool and AirClass and Google Classroom, can simplify and adapt to different environments and service offerings can improve student productivity and satisfaction.
Pricing and availability of these machines are as follows:
- ThinkPad 11e will be available from February 2018, starting at $429USD
- ThinkPad 11e Yoga will be available from February 2018, starting at $499USD
- Lenovo 500e Chromebook will be available from January 2018, starting at $349USD
- Lenovo 300e will be available from January 2018 for Windows and February 2018 for Chrome, starting at $279USD (Windows) and $279USD (Chrome)
- Lenovo 100e will be available from January 2018 for Windows and March 2018 for Chrome, starting at $219USD (Windows) and $219USD (Chrome)