Apple opened up pre-orders on their website for their HomePod today but if you’re not sold on it there is always the Sonos One to think about. The Sonos One isn’t the only great speaker on the market but it is being compared to the HomePod so it’s a natural option. Sonos has always been respected for the sound they produced and, at one time, worked closely with Apple on other speakers. Apple’s HomePod retails at $349USD which is a pretty hefty price for a Bluetooth speaker, even with the Apple A8 chip and extra tech features.
With today’s launch of the HomePod, Sonos has taken upon itself to offer up a great deal online. If you head to their website, you can snag the double pack of the Sonos One for $349USD, the exact price the HomePod is but instead of one speaker, you get TWO speakers. Here are some Sonos One features:
- Start and control your music with your voice. Amazon Alexa built right in.
- Fill two rooms in your home with rich, crystal clear sound, the perfect way to begin your Sonos system.
- Pair your Sonos Ones together in the same room for stereo sound. Connect them to Playbar or Playbase for epic home theater surround sound.
- Get the latest weather updates, flash briefings and sports scores, set timers, and enjoy all those other helpful Amazon Alexa skills using a single Sonos speaker.
- Combine voice with the Sonos app to manage all your music in one place. Play from Amazon Music, Spotify, Apple Music, TuneIn or dozens of other streaming services.
- Add even more Sonos speakers to experience wireless audio throughout your home.
If you’re comfortable spending a bit more and can live without having voice control, you can hit up Amazon right now and find the Sonos PLAY:1 triple pack for $447USD. That’s THREE speakers for just under $98USD more than ONE HomePod. There’s really no savings there, as a single PLAY:1 is $149USD but three speakers vs one is an option to think about. Here are some PLAY:1 features:
- This bundle includes 3 items from Sonos: (3) Play 1 Wireless Streaming Speakers
- Listen to different songs in each room or the same song in all rooms
- Stream music from your music library, internet radio, Amazon Prime Music, Pandora, Spotify and more. Control it all with the free Sonos app for your smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Works over your existing Wi-Fi network and plugs into the wall so the music never stops, no need to recharge a battery
- No Sonos BRIDGE required – everything you need to start filling your home with music is included
The Sonos One deal is pretty sweet. If you’re in need of voice control and smart features then the Sonos One is the way to go. If you don’t need that and just want decent sound with Bluetooth streaming, that PLAY:1 package is pretty sweet although there is currently no savings on the package. Sonos generally gets great reviews and this is just an option we thought you might be interested in. Be sure to read our audio reviews to find more great smart speaker options!
Last Updated on January 26, 2018.