If you’re planning on picking up the new Mavic Air with intentions of making videos and film, PolarPro has some new accessories. Known for producing some of the industry’s highest quality lens filters for pilots looking to maximize the cinematic aspects of their drone video, PolarPro is now offering polarized, neutral density, and UV filters to help Mavic Air pilots improve overall color saturation and control shutter speed. Additionally, PolarPro’s Mavic Air line includes landing gear, handheld mounts for shooting from the ground and other workflow-streamlining accessories that have been adapted to DJI’s latest drone model.
“The new generation of consumer drones from manufacturers like DJI become more advanced every day, and though their native video capabilities are great, anyone who is looking to create videos with more cinematic qualities needs some specific tools to achieve that particular look,” said Austen Butler, VP and Co-Founder of PolarPro. “Our lineup of Mavic Air accessories includes a newly designed line of lens filters to help content creators capture the best possible footage of their adventures that stand out from the rest. We also have custom protective cases to keep their sensitive gear safe on the way to the shoot, and other camera solutions to help streamline their capture process while on location.”
PolarPro Mavic Air Lens Filters
For any drone pilot looking to ensure the best possible quality from their aerial video, no accessory is more important than a set of high-quality lens filters. PolarPro offers a series of Mavic Air Filter Packs which include combinations of commonly used polarizing lenses (PL) for enhancing color saturation, UV filters for reducing haze and glare, as well as a substantial lineup of all-important neutral density (ND) filters and hybrid polarizing/ND filters for slowing shutter speeds to achieve cinematic looks.
PolarPro uses lightweight yet durable AirFrame Aluminum, producing filters that weigh just .59 grams. Combined with industry-leading HD glass and coatings for razor-sharp clarity, PolarPro filters work seamlessly with the Mavic Air camera gimbal for uninhibited performance.
All PolarPro lens filters are produced in Standard Series (three pack and six pack options available) and Cinema Series (detailed below). Cinema Series filters feature production grade multi-coated glass for pilots who demand the best. PolarPro Mavic Air filters collections include:
- Cinema Series Shutter Collection ($79.99USD): For controlling shutter speeds, includes straight ND4, ND8, and ND16 filters
- Cinema Series Vivid Collection ($79.99USD): For controlling shutter speeds and boosting saturation, includes hybrid ND4/PL, ND8/PL, and ND16/PL filters
- PolarPro Mavic Air Six Pack ($149.99USD): Combines the Shutter and Vivid collection in a single bundle
- Cinema Series Limited Collection ($99.99USD): For bright light conditions, includes ND32, ND32/PL, ND64, ND64/PL filters
PolarPro DJI Mavic Air Cases
With some expensive and delicate components, the Mavic Air needs to be properly protected when traveling to shooting locations or stored away in-between shoots. PolarPro has designed two Mavic Air Cases to suit the needs of most users.
- Minimalist Edition ($29.99): This custom molded soft-shell case takes up the least amount of space in a pack. Featuring customizable dividers, the Minimalist Edition has space for the Mavic Air, three extra batteries, remote, charger, charging hub and filters.
- Rugged Edition ($49.99): Designed with a laser cut foam insert to act as a shock absorber, the Rugged Edition snugly holds the Mavic Air, four extra batteries, remote, charger, charging hub, filters, and cables. A removable shoulder strap is included for added carrying configurations.
Hand-Held PolarPro Katana Tray
The Katana Mavic Air Tray ($49.99USD), and the even more dynamic Mavic Air Katana Pro ($79.99USD), are essentially force multipliers for the UAV. The drone’s compact size and high-quality imaging capabilities make it a great filming platform for just about any situation, and with a little help from the PolarPro Katana, it can become a powerful handheld shooting camera as well. Ideal for capturing ground-based footage, the Katana allows pilots to still shoot in no-fly zones such as national parks where drones are banned. The Katana Tray is crafted from durable glass-filled nylon and features two sturdy grips on either side of the clamping mount that holds the drone securely in position. The Katana Pro also features a T-Grip enabling one-handed and low angle camera control. Each version includes an integrated smartphone mount that lets users utilize the drone’s companion app for framing and camera controls.Purchase from PolarPro