We’re heading into the third month of 2018 and Xbox has announced the games that will be added to the Xbox Game Pass March update. This month sees the first Microsoft exclusive title hitting the game service on the day it launches. A total of eight games are being added, which include the soon to be released Xbox Play Anywhere title Sea of Thieves.
The games coming to Xbox Game Pass in February include:
- Sea of Thieves
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Super Lucky’s Tale
- Resident Evil Revelations 2
- Sonic CD
- The Final Station
- Euro Fishing
As with any title in the program, you can play the full version of these games starting March 1st, with the exception of Sea of Thieves which launches on March 20th, as well as save on purchasing the game and/or any applicable DLC.
Sea of Thieves
NOTE: Sea of Thieves will hit the Xbox Game Pass on the day of release, March 20th.
From acclaimed developer Rare comes a shared-world adventure game that offers the ultimate pirate experience.
Packed to the seams with sailing and exploring, fighting and plundering, riddle solving and treasure hunting, Sea of Thieves has everything you need to live the pirate life you’ve always dreamed about.
Set in a glorious world of exotic islands, hidden treasures and dangers both natural and supernatural, Sea of Thieves immerses you in a new type of multiplayer action. Whether you’re adventuring as a group or sailing solo, you’re bound to encounter other crews – but will they be friends or foes? And how will you respond?
Sea of Thieves offers something for everyone, no matter how they like to play:
- A world of exploration – set sail upon a vast, open ocean, venturing into new regions and discovering the secrets of unspoiled islands and sunken ships. Hunt for treasure by following maps and untangling riddles, and learn to expect the unexpected…
- A world of excitement – engage in ship-to-ship battles with cannon, pistol and cutlass, pursuing rival ships through raging storms. Sail in pursuit of deadly bounties or ferry cargo through hostile waters. Clash with the skeletal remains of cursed former pirates and beware undersea menaces that lurk beneath the waves!
- A world we sail together – whether you’re playing alongside friends, matchmaking to find a crew or setting out as a ‘lone wolf’ pirate, you’ll have hilarious, memorable encounters in a world where every sail on the horizon is a crew of real players.
- A world of achievement – on your quest to become a pirate legend you’ll amass loot, build a reputation and define a unique personal style with your hard-earned rewards.
It’s an adventure that will grow and evolve over time, with new content arriving regularly to ensure a fresh, exciting experience whenever – and wherever – you choose to set sail. With mounting praise from fans and critics alike, Sea of Thieves is set to be the next unforgettable adventure for players on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, with enhanced features on Xbox One X.
As an Xbox Play Anywhere title, here’s hoping that the Game Pass version is playable on Windows 10 as well (as has been the case with other Xbox Play Anywhere titles in the catalog).
Rise of the Tomb Raider
After uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity. Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
- Lara’s Journey – Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity. With that, she sets out for Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
- Woman vs. Wild – In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara battles with not only enemies from around the world, but the world itself. Hunt animals to craft weapons and scavenge for rare resources in densely populated ecosystems. You’ll encounter beautifully hostile environments, full of treacherous conditions and unstable landscapes that will require Lara to push her limits to the very edge.
- Guerilla Combat – Use the environment to your advantage, scale trees and dive underwater to avoid or takedown enemies, configure Lara’s gear, weapons, and ammo to suit your play style from stealth to guns blazing, craft explosives on the fly to sow chaos, and wield Lara’s signature combat bows and climbing axe.
- Return to Tomb Raiding – Tombs are back, and they’re bigger and better than ever. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider” you’ll explore huge, awe-inspiring ancient spaces littered with deadly traps, solve dramatic environmental puzzles, and decipher ancient texts to reveal crypts as you take on a world filled with secrets to discover.
Featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautiful hostile environments on earth, Rise of the Tomb Raider delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition as she seeks to discover the secret of immortality.
Super Lucky’s Tale
Welcome to Adventure!
Super Lucky’s Tale is a delightful, playground platformer for all ages that follows Lucky, the ever-optimistic, energetic, and lovable hero, on his quest to find his inner strength and help his sister rescue the Book of Ages from Jinx. Jinx is the scheming and mysterious villain trying to reshape the world, but for what reason?
Along the way, encounter a hilarious supporting cast of friends and adversaries. Lucky must confront the nefarious Kitty Litter, Jinx’s mischievous kids – self-taught villains who might not be getting Jinx’s plans quite right. Lucky meets friends and allies along the way too. He meets misplaced Yetis, Kookie Spookies, a village of farming worms, and other colorful friends inhabiting the Book of Ages.
Test your skills with puzzles and nerve-wracking obstacle courses. Explore hidden secrets of new worlds with Lucky’s signature burrow move. Dive into unpredictable foxholes, or try devilish side scrolling challenge levels to unlock additional rewards.
Head back to the era of classic platformers with challenges players of all skill levels and all ages can enjoy.
Super Lucky’s Tale is also an Xbox Play Anywhere title.
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Resident Evil Revelations 2 follows two interwoven stories of terror across 4 episodes of intense survival horror.
Kidnapped by a unknown group of assailants, Claire and Moira awake to find themselves trapped on an isolated island infested with horrifying creatures beyond imagination. Now they must desperately struggle to escape the horror.
Oxenfree is a supernatural thriller about a group of friends who unwittingly open a ghostly rift. Play as Alex, a bright, rebellious teenager who brings her new stepbrother Jonas to an overnight party on an old military island. The night takes a terrifying turn when you unwittingly open a ghostly gate spawned from the island’s cryptic past. How you deal with these events, your peers, and the ominous creatures you’ve unleashed is up to you. YOU determine every aspect of Alex’s story while exploring Edwards Island, uncovering the base’s dark past, and changing the course of your friends’ lives.
It’s time to usher the past into the future in this enhanced recreation of Sonic CD! Sonic travels to the distant shores of Never Lake for the once-a-year appearance of Little Planet – a mysterious world where past, present, and future collide through the power of the Time Stones that lie hidden within it. His arch-nemesis, Dr. Eggman, has come for the Time Stones and with them, will soon have the power to control time itself In order to put an end to Dr. Eggman’s nefarious schemes, Sonic must use the power of Little Planet to travel through time; breaking Dr. Eggman’s hold over the future by destroying his machines in the past and recovering the missing Time Stones! Featuring 16:9 widescreen, achievements, leaderboards and both the US and Japanese soundtracks, experience the adventure through time that introduced the world to Amy the Hedgehog and Eggman’s most evil creation, Metal Sonic.
The Final Station
The world is over.
But it’s not quite over for you… at least, not yet. And now that you’ve got thousands of tonnes of locomotive at your disposal, ready to take you as far down the tracks as you have fuel to feed it, you’ve got the definite advantage over the infected hordes. This is The Final Station.
The real question is whether or not you’ll help the survivors get to their destinations…. or let them die and loot their bodies. Sometimes people can be more trouble than they’re worth.
- A post-apocalyptic adventure about travelling a dying world on a train
- Survive for as long as you can by riding the rails, and finding supplies along the way.
- Infected are ready to stop your progress whenever you exit the train to look for supplies.
- Maintain your train in operating condition and craft valuable items from the resources you scavenge.
- Don’t expect to shoot your way through the crowds of infected. Supplies and ammo are very limited.
- Pick up survivors along the way, gaining perks (and hindrances) for your troubles.
Euro Fishing immerses you deep into the adrenaline-packed action, fun and beauty of Europe’s most famous lakes. Master your rod, line and tactics, and refine your technique to become a top angler. This is the closest you can get to real fishing from the comfort of your own sofa. Welcome to the Great Indoors!
Whether you’re a fishing beginner or angling pro, Euro Fishing accurately and authentically replicates the feeling of actual fishing using our unique physics-based casting and reeling system, ‘Total Cast Control’.
Start by learning the basics of casting with in-game tutorials, or dive straight into one of the five unique European locations included, such as Digger Lakes and the famous St John’s Lake at Linear Fisheries, each posing their own unique challenge to land the big catch.
Using advanced AI and customisable environment effects, fish respond to water temperature, time of day, weather conditions and baits as they do in real life. Spot fish ‘shows’ before casting into the right area from a pre-set peg or the lake bank, and customise your angling equipment for the best chance of landing a catch.
In Euro Fishing, you can fish by yourself, or compete against friends and opponents in single player or hosted multiplayer tournaments, tracking and comparing catches in real time.
Basic Cast Control
An entry level (power bar style) casting system for new users to experience the game before trying to master “Total Cast Control”
Total Cast Control
A full physics based casting system. For the first time in a fishing game, experience the feeling of casting with real fishing rods.
Intelligent Fish AI
The battle of wits between fish and angler come to life with intelligent AI
Competition and Tournaments
Challenge your friends in a multiplayer tournament and compare catches in real time, or compete against AI in our hosted tournaments
Five unique European venues await every fisherman, including real venues such as Digger Lakes and the famous St John’s Lake at Linear Fisheries, all recreated in magnificent detail
Dynamic Weather and Time of Day
Set weather conditions to reflect real world settings or create your own preferences to affect how fish behave
Select the right angling equipment for the best chance of landing the big catch; choose from a wide range of rods, reels, rigs and bait in thousands of possible combinations
Read the water and its features, predict what the fish are going to be doing and cast from the bank or a peg for the best chance of a catch
Cutting Edge Technology
Using the latest Unreal Engine 4 graphics technology, Euro Fishing looks and feels as close to the real thing
Created by Experts
Working with carp angling experts, including Korda and Simon Scott, Euro Fishing replicates the experience of real fishing
Euro Fishing – Cast, Catch, Compete!
Of course, these are just the base games that are being offered up but if you like it enough you can score 20% off the base game and 10% off DLC while the game is part of the Xbox Game Pass. Xbox hasn’t made mention of any games leaving the subscription service this month and none are listed as leaving on the actual console so here’s hoping what’s currently there is there to stay for at least another month.Source: Xbox Wire
Last Updated on