Thankfully, Blizzard seems to have learned their lesson. After spending entirely too much time teasing Sombra, they’ve spend considerably less time building up the reveal of new characters since then. We really only saw a couple vague tweets from the Overwatch account (which all really seemed to point to this eventual reveal) before Hero 27 was officially unveiled. Overwatch players can look forward to Hero 27 joining the ranks soon, and playing as none other than Brigitte Lindholm, Torbjörn’s daughter.
Blizzard was kind enough to release a ton of information on the character, starting out with her origin story:
Growing up the daughter of a legendary weapon maker like Torbjörn, and having a godfather like Reinhardt, it stands to reason that she would end up in the hero business eventually. Brigitte’s prowess at engineering became quickly apparent, though her focus was more on armor and protective gear. That’s not to say that she can’t whip up some appropriate weapons, as her Rocket Flail can attest.
Speaking of her Rocket Flail, Brigitte’s abilities are:
- Rocket Flail – Brigitte’s melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
- Repair Pack – Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
- Whip Shot – Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
- Barrier Shield – Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
- Shield Bash – Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
- Rally- Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
There are some obvious similarities to both Torbjörn and Reinhardt, which makes sense. She definitely looks like a hybrid support/tank character, which is a class that has been missing up until now. Jeff from the Overwatch team was quick to point out some differences, as well as areas where Brigitte should really excel in the developer update below.
What do you think about the addition of Brigitte? Are you looking forward to giving her a shot when she’s available in the game? Tell us what you think in the comment section below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.
Last Updated on