If you work in any type of office setting, by now you’ve no doubt heard of — or even seen or used — standing desks or sit-stand converters. Vari is one of the more notable names when it comes to converters and has now added an electric standing desk to their active workspace lineup: the ProDesk 60 Electric, which builds on the design of their manual standing desk.
The company recently surveyed 1,000 workers between the ages of 22-35 who work in office environments. The overwhelming response indicated that they’d rather have an active workspace over the traditional cubicle that is present in so many offices. Active workspaces allow workers to move around more and can help stimulate collaboration and social interaction.
Some of the results of the survey include:
- 75% of respondents would rather work in an active workspace than a traditional “cube.”
- Of the respondents that work from an active workspace, 87% are satisfied with the space their employer provides. Only 57% of respondents without an active workspace are satisfied with their space.
- For those who currently work from an active workspace, 65% said they would look for a new job within 1 year of moving back to a traditional cubicle.
- Of those who still work from a traditional cubicle, 57% said they would be less likely to look for a new job if their employer invested in an active workspace.
While there are plenty of options when it comes to standing desks on the market, the Vari ProDesk 60 Electric aims to be one of the most stable and affordable on the market. It features a heavy-duty frame and stability crossbar, three programmable memory settings, can go from sit to stand and vice-versa with the touch of a button, and assembles in less than 5 minutes.
“The cornerstone of every active workspace is a height-adjustable desk,” says Jason McCann, Co-Founder and CEO of Vari. “That’s why we designed the ProDesk® 60 Electric to be affordable and easy to assemble, with the commercial-quality materials our customers have come to expect from Vari. It’s the perfect solution for small-to- medium sized businesses that want to transform their office into an active workspace.”
Features and specifications of the new Vari Prodesk 60 Electric Standing Desk include:
- Commercial-grade desk
- A steel stability crossbar for enhanced stability
- Assembles easily in 5 minutes or less without special or complicated tools
- Continuous height settings from 25.5” (64.5 cm) to 50.5” high (128 cm)
- Spacious 60” (152.5 cm) (W) x 30” (76 cm) (D) desktop
- Cable management tray included
- 3 programmable memory settings
- Control panel with energy-saving LED display screen
- Stylish chamfered edges
- Powerful, quiet motor makes it easy to go from sitting to standing
- Holds up to 250 lb (113.4 kg)
- This desk ships free to the lower 48 states with FedEx Ground for convenient delivery, and we also offer premium delivery services.
- GreenGuard Gold Certified
- UL-listed components
- Manual (non-electric) version also available
The Vari ProDesk 60 Electric is now available for $995USD in five colours (Black, White, Butcher Block, Darkwood, or Reclaimed Wood) to match pretty much any office decor. The company also offers financing for as low as $88/month through Affirm. You can also check out our full review or our guide to setting up a home office with Vari products.Purchase from Vari