If you’re looking for a new MMORPG to occupy your console time, En Masse Entertainment’s TERA console beta runs this weekend on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. On the off chance you haven’t heard of TERA, the free-to-play MMORPG has been available on PC for some time now and claims to be the only “the only MMO with true action combat.”
“TERA’s development team at Bluehole, Inc. has taken great care to adapt the vast world of TERA and it’s best-in-genre action combat to console platforms,” said Matt Denomme, Sr. Product Manager at En Masse Entertainment. “We feel the results speak for themselves and we’re excited to get the game in the hands of players during our upcoming Open Beta event weekend. Consoles need a solid MMORPG and TERA is prepared to deliver.”
In TERA, players can choose from a number of character classes, skill up, try different tactics, and undertake fast-paced combat and chain together combos to take down BAMS (Big Ass Monsters).
Some of the new features console players can expect include:
- Lock-On System: An all-new Lock-On System keeps the enemies in sight and the action centered on-screen.
- Classy Controls: Each character class has its own unique default control scheme. Don’t like the default control layout for your class? No problem! The controls can be completely remapped to tailor any type of preferred layout.
- Combat Effective UI: The game’s user interface has also been redesigned with a new, fully-customizable Radial Menu for quick and intuitive access weapons and items.
- Streaming Features: Players can easily broadcast TERA instantly to the community via Twitch, and Mixer with integrated streaming support.
- Communication is Key: Players can communicate directly with fellow party members via native voice chat support or they can opt out of chat if they prefer at any time.
Full game details can be found on the game’s website. The open beta is already underway and runs from March 9, at 6:00 a.m. Pacific (PST) until March 12 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific (PST).
Have you heard of TERA before or played it on the PC? Are you looking forward to a new, fresh, MMO for your Xbox One or PlayStation 4 console? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.
Last Updated on