I had the opportunity to sit down with Logitech and take a look at their new Logitech G560 gaming speakers yesterday. From what I could glean from an online demonstration, these speakers look amazing! Gamers will be able to program the Logitech G560 gaming speakers through Logitech’s upgraded LIGHTSYNC software. The software and speakers are Mac and Windows compatible, but there will be some missing features in the Mac version.
The speakers and included subwoofer offer up 240 watts of peak power and the system does incorporate DTS:X Positional Audio for a 3D audio experience. The LIGHTSYNC software synchronizes RGB lighting and audio in real-time to match your on-screen action across games, music, and movies. Adding a pair of Logitech G560 to your gaming setup could very well make the experience even more immersive.
Here are the key features of the G560 gaming speakers:
- LIGHTSYNC: RGB Light + Sound Driven by Games: Experience new levels of intensity while gaming. LIGHTSYNC RGB immerses you into the action with automatic, game-driven lighting effects that react to many popular games. LIGHTSYNC will blast light to match in-game explosions, approaching enemies, damage taken, healing done, new worlds visited and much more.
- Audio Visualizer: RGB Lighting Driven by Music: See your music. Connect via Bluetooth®, 3.5 jack or USB, and the built-in Logitech G560 Audio Visualizer activates to bring your music to life. The low-volume response is a soft breathing effect. High-volume lighting pulses to the beat — rear lights take the bass and fronts take mids and highs. Connect via USB and use Logitech Gaming Software to customize lighting color and effects*.
- 240 Watts Powerful Sound with 2.1 Setup: Feel the explosive action from 240 Watts Peak (120 Watts RMS) power feeding the down-firing subwoofer and two satellite speakers with lightweight, high-strength metallic drivers. Hear every detail as game and sound designers intended from this 2.1 speaker system. And, from a wide range of angles, thanks to the unique driver design delivering a huge soundscape.
- DTS:X Ultra® Surround Sound: Next-Gen PositionalAudio: The intensity you want and the edge you need from precise positional audio. DTS:X Ultra renders a 3D soundscape for games, so you hear your gaming environment from every angle. With DTS:X Ultra, multi-channel music sources such as 5.1 or 7.1 surround become a multi-dimensional experience, as each channel of the mix takes a unique position for heightened realism.
- One Speaker for All Your Audio: Enhance your rig with a versatile, easy-access audio solution. The Logitech G560 connects to and mixes multiple sources: USB, 3.5mm, and Bluetooth. A USB connection is required for true digital audio, LIGHTSYNC RGB and DTS:X Ultra surround sound. With Logitech Easy-Switch™, you can seamlessly switch between up to four connected devices.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 7
- Mac OS X (DTS:X not supported)
- Internet access for Logitech Gaming Software
- Connect via USB, AUX, or Bluetooth
- Total Watts (Peak): 240
- Total Watts (RMS): 120
- Bluetooth Version: 4.1
- Wireless Range: 25m
The Logitech G560 gaming speakers will be shipping April 2018 pre-orders are open now with a price point of $199.99USD.Pre-Order