It’s not unusual these days for the average household to have multiple smartphones and/or tablets. Of course, the more devices you have, the more often you may encounter a lack of charging or counter space to charge them all. Not to mention the various cables or docking stations you may have laying around, further cluttering things up. That’s where udoq comes in.
Simply put, udoq is a “is a one-size-fits-all station for charging and docking all Android, Apple, and other smartphones, tablets, music players, smartwatches, eReaders, and other devices.” udoq is comprised of a high-grade aluminum tube base with a slightly angled back to it which allows you to set your device on it to charge. The cables slide through the tube and are held in place using an udoq bumper which not only allows it to slide easily back and forth but allows users to adjust the cable connector height to accommodate smartphone or tablet cases as well.
With available connectors for Lightning, Micro-USB, USB-C, and 30-Pin, with an adapter for the Apple Watch, udoq is compatible with over 90% of mobile devices on the market. As each household has a varying number of devices, the udoq docking station comes in four different sizes:
- udoq250 – at about 10 inches (250mm) – fits up to 4 devices.
- udoq400 – at about 15½ inches (400mm) – fits up to 6 devices.
- udoq550 – at about 21½” (550mm) – fits up to 8 devices.
- udoq700 – at about 27 ½” (700mm) – fits up to 12 devices.
If you’re unsure of what size and adapters you need, udoq has a handy configurator on their website which allows you to select your specific devices and it will add the necessary dock length as well as connectors to your cart for an easier purchase.
Having two kids myself, I can definitely agree with udoq founder Marcus Kuchler’s sentiment here:
“I’m the father of two active kids, and of course they love their smartphones and iPads,” said Kuchler. “After struggling with our various charging and syncing routines and the chaos of it for several years, I got sick and tired of the daily search for cables, chargers, and phones. Bringing all my expertise of 25 years working as a product designer with my company, marwin, for brands like Adidas, Porsche, Rimowa, Cherry and Leica – and my 12 years of ‘internship’ as a husband and father – I invented udoq.”
Other features of udoq include:
- Elegant high-grade aluminum docking station, built for years of use
- Available in four different lengths
- Includes user-selectable cables for Lightning, Micro USB, USB-C, and 30-Pin
- Includes udoq’s patented slideable connectors
- Apple MFi certified
- Devices can be moved back and forth by sliding sideways
- Adjustable in height (up to 8mm) to fit protector cases or bumpers
- Includes tool for attaching cables to udoq connectors
- Includes silicone strips for extra protection from slippage
- Optional Wall Mount is available to attach any udoq to the wall
- udoq’s CboxS box neatly stores and hides all cable
udoq is available from the udoq website and starts at $100USD and goes up from there depending on size and number of connectors you require.
Last Updated on