Digital assistants are easily taking over the home, bringing smart functionality to make life easier using your voice and connected devices. One pastime digital assistants are slowly venturing into, namely Alexa, is that of gaming. Following up on their Destiny Alexa Skill, Activision has just released the Call of Duty Alexa Skill beta for Call of Duty: WWII players.
The free Alexa Skill works on any Alexa-enabled device via the Alexa companion app and allows gamers to get personalized recommendations, updates on achievements, compare gameplay with friends, and stay connected with those same friends. Using AI and machine learning, the Call of Duty Alexa Skill can suggest specific loadouts and more as it analyzes over 20 different facts which include movement, accuracy, kill/death ratio, shots, and more.
“The Call of Duty Alexa Skill gives every player a personal Call of Duty coach for the first time, using AI and machine learning to analyze how you play and providing tips on how to improve your gameplay based on your individual strengths, weaknesses and play style,” said Tim Ellis, Chief Marketing Officer of Activision. “We know that people play more Call of Duty as their skills improve and the more often they play with their friends. The Call of Duty Alexa Skill is designed to help players improve their Call of Duty skills, connect more easily with their friends and get to the fun faster in Call of Duty: WWII.”
- Personalized recommendations to improve your skills
- Match summaries, and highlights of your recent gameplay
- Social features, including whether friends are currently playing, and comparing your stats and achievements to theirs
- Contract and order status, both during and after a match, so that you see how close you are to completing the contract and earning a reward
- Latest in-game news, including events and game updates
- Game and features descriptions
You’ll obviously have to set up the skill with Alexa but it’s a pretty straightforward sounding process. One thing to note, however, is that you’ll only be able to use it with one platform if you play Call of Duty: WWII on multiple platforms.
To link the skill, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into alexa.amazon.com or open the Alexa app on your mobile phone and click “Skills.”
- Click “Your Skills” and scroll until you find “Call of Duty”.
- Click on the skill and click “Enable.”
- Click “Save Permissions” – the skill requires these permissions in order to function.
- Click “Link Account.”
- If a player is logged into their callofduty.com account, click “Link” on the Call of Duty page to link their accounts.
- If a player is not logged into callofduty.com account, click on the button for the type of account you have.
- Follow the Login process for the player’s network.
- The account is now linked.
If you are playing Call of Duty on more than one platform, please note that the Call of Duty Skill currently works with one platform only. If your Call of Duty Skill is interacting with a platform you do not wish to use, you can access the platform of your choice by unlinking your second platform from your Call of Duty account.
The skill is currently available in English for the U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand with plans to add French and German language support over the next few months.Source: Call of Duty
Last Updated on