A couple months ago marked the first new release addition to the Xbox Game Pass, Sea of Thieves. A couple months later and the next new Microsoft exclusive to launch on the Xbox Game Pass is State of Decay 2 which joins the service on May 22nd — the date of its global release. The Xbox Game Pass May update sees a total of eight games being added, including Homefront: The Revolution, Unmechanical: Extended, and more, including another new release.
The games coming to Xbox Game Pass in May include:
- The Escapists
- Homefront: The Revolution
- Laser League (May 10)
- PES 2018
- Sonic & Knuckles
- State of Decay 2 (May 22)
- Unmechanical: Extended
As with any title in the program, you can play the full version of these games starting May 1st, with the exception of State of Decay 2 which launches on May 22nd and Laser League which launches on May 10. As well, you can save on purchasing the full game and/or any applicable DLC for Xbox Game Pass games.
The Escapists is an award winning prison break simulation that provides players the opportunity of experiencing a light-hearted insight into everyday prison life. Whilst the aim of the game is simply to escape, the detail is in the execution. (Don’t say the word execution too loud in a prison). You may not be in an open prison, but you are in an open world where in between attending rollcalls, mealtimes and doing your chores you should grab every chance to plan your escape. Do you do favours for other inmates earning money and boosting their opinion of you along the way? Or workout and become stronger? Read to increase your skills or spend your time crafting items into homemade weapons and tools. What about working diligently in your prison job, to gain promotions to new jobs with better benefits? Keep a low profile or go out all guns blazing, as long as you escape in the end, that’s all that matters!
Homefront: The Revolution
Four years into the brutal military occupation, America is on its knees. Philadelphia – once the birthplace of Independence – has become a ghetto, where surveillance drones and armoured patrols keep the population at heel, crushing any dissent with savage force. Her once-proud citizens live in a police state, forced to collaborate just to survive, their dreams of freedom long since extinguished.
But in the badlands of the Red Zone, in the bombed out streets and abandoned subways, a Resistance is forming. A guerrilla force, determined to fight for their freedoms despite overwhelming odds and ignite the second American Revolution. But Freedom always has a price…
Homefront®: The Revolution is an open-world first person shooter where you must lead the Resistance movement in guerrilla warfare against a superior military force.
A living, breathing, open world responds to your actions – you and your Resistance Cell can inspire a rebellion on the streets and turn Occupation into Revolution, as oppressed civilians take up the fight. But your enemy has the advantage – superior technology, firepower, heavy armour and air support. You must learn the art of guerrilla warfare – ambush, sabotage, infiltration, deception – and fight a running battle through the war-ravaged suburbs of Philadelphia.
And the single player campaign is just the start – in Co-Op you and your friends can form your own Resistance Cell and become renowned as Heroes of the Revolution
NOTE: Laser League joins the Xbox Game Pass on May 10th
On May 10, Laser League, a light-speed, arcade multiplayer shooter like no other, will be making its console debut on Xbox One and join Xbox Game Pass the same day. Roll7, known for the award-winning OlliOlli series and Not A Hero, bring their trademark addictive gameplay to an original vision of near-future competition. Jump into exhilarating 4v4 local matches or go online for 2v2 and 3v3 battles, face off in packed and vibrant international stadiums with intensely challenging laser maps to master, and party up with friends to find the perfect strategic blend of the six distinct player classes. Make use of their unique abilities to dominate the pitch and fry your opponents as the pitch lights up with deadly laser lights. Climb the leaderboards and make a name for yourself, gaining mastery ranks and XP. Unlock new player kits, emojis, and laser patterns to customize your characters to leave your mark on the pitch and in Laser League history!
Overcooked is a chaotic couch co-op cooking game for one to four players. Working as a team, you and your fellow chefs must prepare, cook and serve up a variety of tasty orders before the baying customers storm out in a huff. Sharpen your knives and dust off your chef’s whites, there isn’t mushroom for error and the steaks are high in these crazy kitchens!
The Onion Kingdom is in danger and only the finest cooking can save it! In Overcooked players must journey through a variety of cruel and unusual kitchens on their quest to become master chefs capable of conquering an ancient edible evil which plagues the land.
Play solo or engage in classic, chaotic couch co-op for up to four players in both co-operative and competitive challenge modes. You’ll have to cook a range of different dishes and work together in order to become the most effective and ultimate team!
- A Culinary Quest – The Onion Kingdom is a rich world full of cruel and unusual kitchens for you to conquer. Take part in an epic journey and tackle an increasingly challenging and bizarre gauntlet of kitchens which will push your skills of co-operation and co-ordination to the very limits. Each level brings a new challenge for you and your team to overcome, whether it’s sliding around on a pirate ship, moving between speeding trucks, cooking on an ice floe or serving food in the bowels of a fiery underworld, each level will test the mettle of even the bravest chefs.
- Simple Controls/Deep Challenge – Overcooked is so easy to pick up that anyone can join in the fun, but finding a team who can communicate and co-ordinate their actions when the pizza hits the fan, that’s when only a well-oiled team of super-chefs will come out on top!
- Different Ways to Play – Whether indulging in deep fried local co-op or sautéed single player, as you play through the game you’ll unlock new levels, new chef characters and even competitive challenge levels which allow teams of two to engage in hard boiled head-to-head in the kitchen. However you want to play, if you think you can stand the heat, then get ready to enter the kitchen!
Where Legends Are Made’ encapsulates the return of PES, with an unparalleled gameplay experience.
- Gameplay Masterclass – Strategic Dribbling, Real Touch+ and new set pieces take the unrivalled gameplay to the next level
- Presentation Overhaul – New menus and real player images
- PES League Integration – Compete with PES League in new modes including myClub
- Online Co-op -A mode dedicated to co-op play is newly added. Make, play and take your clan to the top of the ranks
- Random Selection Match – Fan favourite returns with new presentation and features
- Master League Upgrade – Experience life as manager with new pre-season tournaments, improved transfer system, presentations and functionality
- Enhanced Visual Reality – New lighting, reworked player models and animations covering everything from facial expressions to body movement to bring the game to life
Sonic & Knuckles
The blue hedgehog and the red echidna were sworn adversaries in Sonic 3, but in this platform adventure, Knuckles realises that he’s been just a pawn in the schemes of Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik). Knuckles, the former adversary now supports Sonic to chase the common enemy, and each must use their strengths in order to acquire the priceless Master Emerald and save Angel Island.
State of Decay 2
NOTE: State of Decay 2 joins the Xbox Game Pass on May 22nd. This game is also an Xbox Play Anywhere title which means you can play it on your Windows 10 computer as well!
How Will You Survive?
The dead have risen and civilization has fallen. Not even the military could stop the zombies, and now it’s up to you to gather survivors and build a community in a post-apocalyptic world – a world where every decision matters, and where you define what it means to survive.
State of Decay 2 is the ultimate zombie survival game in an open world where you and up to three friends build a community of survivors. It’s up to you to establish a base, develop your characters’ abilities, and manage resources to survive as a group in a world where choices matter and every decision has lasting consequences.
Every player’s experience is unique – as you play, the open world responds to your decisions, developing in real time and dynamically offering new opportunities for you to demonstrate your own personal survival priorities. These decisions also result in real consequences that affect your community. Send your best scavenger across the map to gather medicine for a sick friend… but know that they might not make it home. Help your neighbors, and you might make new allies… or you could decide that you need their food supply more than they do. In the end, how you survive might surprise you.
Unmechanical: Extended is an award-winning platformer/puzzle game loved by countless players around the world, now coming to Xbox One with a brand new “Extended” story episode that contains even more puzzles and mysteries to solve. Do you dare enter?
Our story starts when you are abducted into a secret underground world full of fantastic machinery. Flying freely through the strange world, you have to solve a wide variety of puzzles and mysteries. The journey to freedom begins!
On your adventure you may also begin to understand the reason behind it all – the underworld may be more than it seems, the fateful descent more than just chance, and you might not be entirely alone there after all…
- 5 huge, non-linear levels to explore
- Dozens of puzzles that will test your skills
- Award-winning art design
- Beautiful soundtrack
Of course, these are just the base games that are being offered up but if you like it enough you can score 20% off the base game and 10% off DLC while the game is part of the Xbox Game Pass. Stay tuned and we’ll have the list of what’s leaving in May here shortly!Source: Xbox Wire
Last Updated on