Acer held it’s next@acer event in New York today and unveiled a number of new and updated products. Some of these updates, of course, include refreshes to their Predator gaming lineup and feature a white and gold trimmed Predator Helios Special Edition laptop and accessories.
The Predator Orion is Acer’s gaming desktop lineup and previously consisted of the Predator Orion 9000. Today, the Orion 9000 is joined by the new Predator Orion 5000 and Orion 3000 series which offer more affordable price points for those wanting to get into desktop gaming.
“Getting the specs right is just half the fight. Predator Orion desktops provide a well-rounded choice for gamers with a striking chassis, built-in airflow management, expandability, and award-winning software that brings everything together,” said Jeff Lee, General Manager, Stationary Computing, IT Products Business, Acer. “We’re excited to add the new 5000 and 3000 series to the Predator Orion family, and together with the top-of-the-line Predator Orion 9000, Acer is providing a full lineup of gaming desktops that cater to a wide range of needs.”
While both the Orion 5000 and 3000 feature up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7+ processors, the 5000 series can be purchased with up to dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPUs in SLI mode while the 3000 series offers up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs. The chassis on the Orion 5000 has a transparent side panel and the IceTunnel 2.0 airflow management design to more efficiently disperse heat from inside the case. Both systems can be configured with up to 32GB of Intel Optane memory or up to 64GB of DDR4-2666 RAM and feature RGB lighting, blue accents, and built-in headset cradles.
The Predator Orion 5000 gaming desktops will be available in North America in July starting at $1,499USD, in EMEA in June starting at €1,699, and in China in June starting at ¥15,999. The Predator Orion 3000 gaming desktops will be available in North America in October starting at $999USD, in EMEA in July starting at €1,299, and in China in July starting at ¥6,999.
Acer’s Predator gaming notebook lineup is also getting refreshed with new designs and new, cutting-edge thermal cooling technologies. The Helios 500 can be customized with overclockable 8th Gen Intel Core i9+ processors, GeForce GTX 1070 graphics, Intel Optane memory, NVMe PCIe SSDs, and up to 64GB of RAM. The laptop is also available with 4K UHD or FHD 17.3-inch IPS displays with 144Hz refresh rates and NVIDIA G-SYNC.
“We’ve expanded our Predator Helios gaming notebook line in response to popular demand from gamers seeking extreme performance on the go,” said Jerry Kao, President of IT Products Business, Acer Inc. “The Predator Helios 500 and Helios 300 gaming notebooks feature Acer’s proprietary thermal technologies and powerful components that, coupled with our award-winning software, deliver unparalleled gaming experiences.”
The smaller Helios 300 Special Edition features a 15.6-inch FHD IPS display, also with an upgraded 144Hz refresh rate for smoother gameplay, up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7+ processors, GeForce GTX 1060 graphics, and SSD hard drive options. The Helios 300 Special Edition is a white laptop with gold trim and Acer has also made the Cestus 510 gaming mouse, Galea 500 gaming headset, Rolltop Jr. Backpack, and fabric mousepad in matching colour schemes for a consistent look while gaming.
Key features of the new Helios 500 and Helios 300 Special Edition gaming laptops include:
- The new Predator Helios 500 combines up to overclockable 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i9+ processors with overclockable NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 graphics for a gaming force to be reckoned with.
- Superior thermal architecture keeps the Predator Helios 500 running nice and cool during marathon gaming sessions.
- The Predator Helios 500 offers sophisticated flair with blue lighting and trim accents that pop on its obsidian black chassis.
- The Predator Helios 300 Special Edition radiates class with its distinctive white chassis accented with elegant gold trim.
- The Predator Helios 300 Special Edition features 15.6-inch FHD IPS displays with an upgraded 144Hz refresh rate, 8th Gen Intel Core i7+ processor and overclockable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics.
The Predator Helios 500 gaming notebooks will be available in North America in June starting at $1,999USD, in EMEA in May starting at €1,999, and in China in June starting at ¥15,999. Pricing and availability of the Helios 300 Special Edition have yet to be released.
Predator Gadgets & Accessories
Acer has also added some new accessories to their Predator gaming lineup. These include:
- Predator Cestus 510: a customizable high-performance gaming mouse with a precise optical sensor that supports up to 16,000 DPI
- Predator Gaming Chair: includes detachable cushions, superior ergonomics, and lumbar spine support to give players an edge on marathon gaming sessions
- Predator Hard Case: protects the most valuable assets with a hard-as-rock outer shell and customizable foam inserts that fit exactly around your computer
- Predator Aethon 500: extra-durable mechanical keyboard with a lifespan of 70 million strokes per key, customizable with 16.8 million colors
- Predator Mousepad series: available in plastic or fabric finishes with dramatic cinematic landscapes to keep the player in the game
Last Updated on May 23, 2018.