The drive to add digital smart features to pretty much every product out there is in full swing. Eco-Net is currently finalizing the release of their Eco-Popper digital smart fishing popper (lure) which combines an HD camera and wireless technology to not only give you more luck while fishing but also to make it more fun.
As you can see from the video above, the Eco-Popper boasts a lot of features and specifications, including:
- On-board HD (720p) wide-angle camera and Wi-Fi module enabling live video stream of underwater action
- High powered sensors
- Cloud-based water data metrics
- Complete water quality analysis
- Location-based geomapping
- Social media ready
- Wireless HD (720p) Video Streaming over Wi-Fi up to 90ft (27 m)
- Video Format: HD 1280 x 720, 25FPS, H.264 MP4
- Camera: Wide Angle (135° x 90°) plus Ultra High Sensitivity
- Rechargeable battery with 70 minutes continuous use
- Fresh and saltwater operation
- 8 different models (colors)
- Used for fishing as a Popper (top water lure) and for Scouting (no hooks attached)
- Full App support for iOS and Android
- Dimensions: Length 4.5“ (11.4 cm), Max Width 1.3’’ (3.3 cm), Max Height 1.5’’ (3.9 cm)
- Weight – 2.5oz. (70 gram)
- Embedded Water Sensors and Accelerometer
By connecting to your iOS or Android device over a local Wi-Fi network, the Eco-Popper transmits video and sensor data to the fisherman’s device. While the HD camera sends back what looks like a pretty decent view of what’s under the water, the sensors measure water turbidity (clarity), temperature, acidity (pH levels), oxygen levels and salinity (the level of saltiness). Should you choose to do so, this information can also be shared through the app so other anglers can see at a glance not only where fish are biting but also provides real-time monitoring of the local water environment.
Available in a number of colours and designs from Perch to Blue Strike and Golden Shiner to Red Head, there are currently eight different designs in testing for use with various fish targets, so to speak. Showcased at ICAST last week in Orlando, the Eco-Poppers should be available soon with an MSRP of $239USD per popper.
Last Updated on July 21, 2018.