Google Assistant literally took over CES 2018. You couldn’t go anywhere in Las Vegas and not see the Google Assistant branding. The big push was not only Assistant but Smart Displays. Smart Displays are Google’s answer to Amazon’s Echo Show. There was a lot of buzz surrounding these devices and they are finally going to start becoming available.
Google is kicking things off with the Lenovo Smart Display and we have one in-house with a full review coming soon.
With the Google Assistant built in, the Lenovo Smart Display brings you the best of Google services, including Maps, YouTube, Calendar, Duo, and Photos, in a visual and helpful way. It’s easy to set up, so you can immediately enjoy your favorite entertainment, control your smart home, stay in touch with friends and family, and manage your day with simple voice commands and touch gestures.
Smart Displays offer a rich experience for enjoying music, news, podcasts or audiobooks from popular services. With the combination of voice and a screen, it’s easy to browse and find that perfect song, album, or playlist. Here are a few things you can do:
- Stream your favorite music with YouTube Music, Google Play Music, Spotify, and Pandora, with free tier available for all services
- Stay informed with Google News, including the latest video news briefs featuring national and local publishers like CNBC, CBS, and Cheddar
- Jam to your favorite radio stations with iHeartRadio and TuneIn
- Catch up on your favorite podcasts with Google Podcasts
- Or listen to audiobooks from Google Play Books. With audiobooks or podcasts, your Assistant will pick up right where you left off, even if you were listening on your phone earlier.
The Lenovo Smart Display lets you play videos and watch TV, browse recipes with step-by-step instructions, manage your day, and you can use Google Duo for video or audio calls. You also have smarthome control and access to your Google Photos and videos. As a bonus, with every Smart Display, you get three free months of YouTube Premium (for new subscribers).
The Lenovo Smart Display is available in two display sizes and colors: the 8-inch HD version for $199.99USD and the 10-inch Full-HD version for $249.99USD, and they both come with a full-range 10-watt speaker for loud and clear audio.
We’ll expand the Smart Display options with other partners, including JBL and LG, coming soon. And while there are over 1 million Actions already available for the Assistant, we’re excited to see what developers will design for Smart Displays, too.