Japanese watch brand TACS has announced an absolutely stunning watch. The TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II. The Automatic Vintage Lens II was designed specifically to “speak” to photographers and videographers. The design truly taps into the soul of vintage camera lenses and equipment. The company has a short list of features and design cues which is what makes the Automatic Vintage Lens II (AVL2) really cool.
- Camera-inspired: The overall look of this watch has to be a feature just on its own. By combining the essentials of a timepiece with recognizable traits of a camera, this timepiece is the perfect balance of both. A great look for photography enthusiasts.
- Etched Rotating Bezel: Look closely at any camera lens and it’s very likely that you will see etching describing the lens type and camera brand. Taking inspiration from this camera trait, AVL2 also has etching its rotating bezel to give off that essential camera vibe.
- Focus on Each Minute: AVL2 has cleverly replaced traditional minute indicators with popular camera focal lengths as a special not to avid camera enthusiasts. Little touches like this make AVL2 truly stand out.
- Beating Heart: A timepiece’s movement is often hidden, but AVL2 has opted to show off its inner workings. Set as the centerpiece of the watch face, the open-heart movement is both beautiful and fascinating to behold.
- Make your Watch Yours: Camera are often deeply personal items that mean a lot to each photographer. Thus, TACS has fixed a metal plate to the side of AVL2 where their customers can engrave their name or a special message for that personal touch.
- Layered Design: A camera lens is made up of several layers and portrays depth. AVL2 recreates this effect by ensuring that the watch face design is also layered so that the same depth effect can be achieved.
- Sapphire Crystal: TACS has opted to use high-quality sapphire crystal for the glass of both the front and back of its timepiece. The front glass also features anti-reflective coating so that viewing angles are suitable even in bright sunlight.
- Diamond-cut Crown: AVL2 features a screw-down crown with a diamond-cut pattern on it. This is not only nice to the touch and pleasing to the eye, but also gives off a quintessentially camera-related vibe.
- Water Resistance: AVL2 is water resistant to 10ATM for extra durability and usability. Given that cameras travel the world with their owners and brave tough conditions, AVL2 has been designed to do just the same.
- Straps: Made with quality HORWEEN calf leather and quick release straps, AVL2 ensures that comfort remains a top priority
The watch has the following specifications:
- Diameter: 47mm
- Glass Front: Sapphire glass with AR Coating
- Movement: Citizen Miyota 82SO
- Glass Back: Sapphire glass
- Jewels: 21
- Strap Material: HORWEEN calf leather
- Casing: Stainless steel 316L
- Strap Type: Quick release
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM (100 meter / 33ft )
Pricing has not been announced and The TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II isn’t available yet but the company has a landing page set up where you can request more information. Check that out below.Source: TACS
Last Updated on